Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet in Limerick, anyone?

• 13-07-2006 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

I'm looking at getting the €83 Magnet Entertainment package (Dooradoyle X).

Any other local users?? What's the TV quality like?

My management company doesn't allow Sky dishes :mad: ; so my only other option is Smart + Chorus (€63).....

I could wait for Chorus cable BB... but that could take f.o.r.e.v.e.r...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Dunno about the TV quality but the broadband is fairly nifty. 4 Meg uncontented for me and its wireless (they gave me that free and I did the install myself)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭campers

bushy... wrote:

lol, interesting idea

I'd say it still falls under my "television or other wireless signal receptor" ban

Ginger wrote:
    Dunno about the TV quality but the broadband is fairly nifty. 4 Meg uncontented for me and its wireless (they gave me that free and I did the install myself)

Which exchange / location? I'm around Punches on Dooradoyle X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

campers wrote:
    lol, interesting idea

I'd say it still falls under my "television or other wireless signal receptor" ban

That is illegal. There can be restrictions on aerial / dish size / placement, but forbiding reception is illegal.

• Advertisement

watty wrote:
    That is illegal. There can be restrictions on aerial / dish size / placement, but forbiding reception is illegal.

Sorry for going off topic, but:
    Management companies can do what they like in this country. They dictate their terms in the contract of sale... which is non-negotiable. For example, the "management fee" on new townhouses at Log na gCapall on the SCR is now three grand.

As regards my place, I think the quid-pro-quo for the initial purchasers (c. 10 yrs ago) was that the place was fully pre-cabled for "multichannel" and phone.

Nevertheless, since my yard is slightly below road level [how (un)attractive does that sound!!] I doubt I'd have LoS for Digiweb or even Sky.

Not a single house has a Sky dish up.

Advertisement