Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer boots

• 13-07-2006 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭

So its getting close to pre-season again and I was thinking of getting a new pait of boots. I had a pair of Adidas predator that I found be very comfortable so I was just in Lifestyle sports and was looking at there latest boot, the +F50 TUNIT now there €180!!

I was just wondering if anyone on here has worn them and if so what they thought?

Heres a link showing the design: http://www.dexigner.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4752

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

that has broken metatarsel written all over it.....:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

TBH just get a pair of puma, less poncey, less expensive and more comfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

dont go near tunits unless you love yourself and wanna be broken up. i work in jjb and wouldnt recommend them for that price (though they are 135 now). go with something solid like adidas world cup (copa mundial if u want mouldies) or puma king. both are quality and will last you way longer. tunits are like the vapours and will rip if u get caught the wrong way with a stud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I picked out a deadly pair of umbro in JJb in liffey valley, perfect fit and colour for me and i have always worn umbro - delighted they were marked €30

then when i went to pay they were only €20

happy days!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

never understood why sunday league players wear the likes of tunit and that. They are not long lasting boots and the most you will have them for is 1 season. They are fine for the like of Duff and Robben who get them for free, a fresh pair for every match at that!

Spend your money properly and get a pair of Puma King, Umbro Speciali or XAI or Adidas World Cup. I've been wearing Umbro XAI for years now and they are one of the best boots on the market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

I picked out a deadly pair of umbro in JJb in liffey valley, perfect fit and colour for me and i have always worn umbro - delighted they were marked €30

then when i went to pay they were only €20

happy days!!

Like myself. I bought Umbro Special League. 40e is dearest you pay for them and they are very comfortable.

If you are going near a "dearer" pair of boots Puma Kings are the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

iregk wrote:
    never understood why sunday league players wear the likes of tunit and that. They are not long lasting boots and the most you will have them for is 1 season. They are fine for the like of Duff and Robben who get them for free, a fresh pair for every match at that!

Spend your money properly and get a pair of Puma King, Umbro Speciali or XAI or Adidas World Cup. I've been wearing Umbro XAI for years now and they are one of the best boots on the market.

I understand what your saying and in the past I would have agreed with you 100% however about 2 seasons ago I decided to buy my first pair of expensive boots, i.e. over €100 and I have to say I wouldn't go back to any cheaps now. Its not that they improve your performance its about comfort and I noticed a real difference wearing Adidas Predator and other cheaper boots especially on hard pitches.

Advertisement