Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hidden Dublin

Options
  • 13-07-2006 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hey,

Ever watched those Discovery channel programs where they told about all the "hidden site seeing" things in a city. Well to my knoledge they never did one for Dublin. So anyone know anything in Dublin which is interesting to go to/see/eat in/whatever?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

They do a feature on Newstalk 106FM every week called 'Hidden Dublin' detailing exactly what you spoke about in your post.

I think it is on thursday mornings, not sure.
    Anytime I heard it I found it very interesting and informative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭nikolaitr

Anyone care to share what was on the program?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Chopperdog wrote:
    They do a feature on Newstalk 106FM every week called 'Hidden Dublin' detailing exactly what you spoke about in your post.
    Past episodes of the show are available as podcasts from their website. Well worth a download, and pretty good if you want to walk around listening to the show, as it's done in 'realtime'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

they do a hidden dublin tour now and bring you down everyday streets and tell you the history behind them.

i'd love to go on one but its one of those thing ya put on the long finger indefinetley

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

Daniel O'Connel traveled on the first train into Raheny on his way to his monster meeting in Clontarf supposedly :confused::)

Also, for anyone in the Raheny area look out for blue signs located on old buildings! These seem to be a new feature and very interesting to read as they give you some backround info on your area! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement