Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iced Tea

• 13-07-2006 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

I think this is the correct place.

I'm looking for a recipe for Iced Tea. I've just come back from a trip around the world and fell in love with the stuff.

Does anyone make it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭FergusF

It is pretty easy, I don't have a recipie as such but just make up a big pot of fairly strong tea. Brew as normal, pour off into a jug, add sugar to taste and let it cool in the fridge overnight.

To serve add a load of icecubes to a glass, add the tea and that's all there is to it! Delicious with a bit of lemon juice added, and garnished with a slice of lemon. If it tastes to strong just dilute to taste with water.

You can also make it with pretty much any herbal tea, mint is very refreshing. Or even coffee; I like to make a strong espresso and top it up with cold milk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

I use tons of chopped oranges & lemons, and lots of mint sprigs. I also like to add a pinch of citric acid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Citric acid can't be got at the moment, for some reason no chemist has it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Well, I did it like this.

Four teabags into a jug, pour over a half pint of boiling water. Leave for twenty minutes, remove the teabags, and fill up with another one and a half pints of water, which gave two pints altogether. Sliced a whole lemon into this, and left in the fridge for a couple of hours.

It was delicious served over ice.

Thanks everyone.

Advertisement