Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to buy Alloys?

Options
  • 13-07-2006 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

Suggestions welcome.

I'm looking to buy alloys for my car.

Location:- not much further south than Dublin, not much further west than the midlands, as far north as you like.

Looking for somewhere that has a good selection to chose from & doesn't charge outrageous prices.

Where'd you buy? what'd you think of the garage, etc?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Go to Car-Fit in Clondalkin, he is beside the IBIS hotel, good prices and Brian (the owner) is bang on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Do they have a website where I could see their selection of alloys?
    Do they have a good selection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Route66 in Ballymount ind est, kinda opposite smirfit there on the main stretch. Great selection. I just picked up a set of 18's for my celica the other day!

wheel27lf.jpg

Ok, Route 66 don't stock the make I want.

Car-Fit do, hope to have them in next Tue / Wed, reasonalby priced, so fingers crossed I get them.

(I'm a fussy little hard to please madam, I've seen one set I like & those are the ones I want, & they're not being made anymore so V hard to get!!!)

Thanks for your help.

BoozyBabe wrote:
    Ok, Route 66 don't stock the make I want.

Car-Fit do, hope to have them in next Tue / Wed, reasonalby priced, so fingers crossed I get them.

(I'm a fussy little hard to please madam, I've seen one set I like & those are the ones I want, & they're not being made anymore so V hard to get!!!)

Thanks for your help.

Got a pic of what you want? have you tried http://www.daltontyres.ie/

• Advertisement

Yea, tried Dalton.

Here's what I want.

I'm sure it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I just want something nice, but not "wud you look at those..." type alloys, plus the car's not exactly sporty, so I think they'll look well.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Black Sky

Anyone know if these guys or anyone else here sell the McGard or McGard Ultra alloy locks??????

That Celica looks good....

nice curves on them, If it turns out that you can't get them you could get something very similar in most outles.

Black Sky wrote:
    Anyone know if these guys or anyone else here sell the McGard or McGard Ultra alloy locks??????

Phone them & ask.
    Car-Fit:- clondalkin
    01 4591591

Route 66:- Walkinstown
    01 4504930

Xtreme Autos:- Waterford
    051 351051

Black Sky wrote:

That Celica looks good....

Thanks, here's another pic... My Celica

could try phone them, they might do the locks there.

• Advertisement

steve06 wrote:

Yip, She's Very Purty!!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

steve06 wrote:

Nice car for a woman.

I only seem to see women driving them for some reason. The older version, only men drove them, but the new version is very femine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Maxwell wrote:
    Nice car for a woman.

I only seem to see women driving them for some reason. The older version, only men drove them, but the new version is very femine.

with a username like steve06 I would guess she is a he ;)

What car have you BoozyBabe? Polo in Celbridge with tooras, suits it well. They are a nice wheel. Getting 15", 16" or 17"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

ww.rochfordtyres.co.uk

Great selection and delievery to Ireland for £45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

mloc123 wrote:
    with a username like steve06 I would guess she is a he ;)

What car have you BoozyBabe? Polo in Celbridge with tooras, suits it well. They are a nice wheel. Getting 15", 16" or 17"?

oops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

here you go: It's quite far North (Co. Derry)
    http://www.autoalloys.com/
    They do the wheels you want (Toora T940)
    thumb_n_toora_t940_14_15_16_17.jpg
    http://www.autoalloys.com/searchresults.asp?isearch=toora
    Auto Care Centre
    40 Ballyronan Road
    Magherafelt
    BT45 6EN

These guys here distribute TOORA wheels:
    J.O.N. EXHAUSTS (TOPGEAR NEWRY)
    A: 76 Canal Street, Newry, Northern Ireland, BT35 6DX
    T: 02830 266622
    (see http://www.topgear.co.uk/contact/ireland.html )

Thanks all,

yip, looked at Rochfordtyres. Didn't see the ones I wanted.
    The have the wheels listed on autoalloys, but when I phoned them a few days ago they said they didn't stock Toora's.

I don't like a V low profile tyre so I was gonna go 16" max on the alloy, but car-fit will only have them in a 15", so if they do get them in next week (like they say they would) I'll have a look at them & see if they look stupidly small.

Oh, I'm putting them on a Toyota Corolla (new model)

thanks for all your suggestions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 aldy05

Try performancealloys.com select from ireland at the top. They have loads on there and ship free to ireland. Thinking of getting a set off there they do tires and everything too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

That celica looks very Knight Rider ish.

aldy05 wrote:
    Try performancealloys.com select from ireland at the top. They have loads on there and ship free to ireland. Thinking of getting a set off there they do tires and everything too

Yea,
    I had tried PerformanceAlloys. They do have them, but are charging me rough;y €400 more than car-Fit for the same thing, so I DON'T think so.

Thanks for the suggestion

• Advertisement

Maxwell wrote:
    Nice car for a woman.

I wouldn't have thought that now, I don't see many women in them! An MX-5 is a chicks car now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Anyone recommend where to get genuine BMW alloys for a better price than main delaers?
    Any of the previous posts stock anf fit them?

cheers

Anyone recommend where to get genuine BMW alloys for a better price than main delaers?

cheers

Don't know if this is any good to you:-
    BMW Replica Alloys

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

cheers

Car fit were displaying BMW wheels on their wall when I was there on Saturday, give them a ring and see!!!

cheers

they did have a few nice BMW m-tech alloys in route 66 when I went down. Nice alpina ones too.

Thanks will check out all the leads.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

cheers

Car fit have BMW allow on display,

Thanks for the heads up on Car fit , I went out there today and got a nice set of alloys at an excellent price .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Do you know what style wheel you're after?

• Advertisement

No one in particular, have the full guide from BMW ( hundreds of sets in it its mad!!)

I will suck em and see....

Advertisement