Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling the States from Ireland

Options
  • 13-07-2006 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi, im trying to call the states from Ireland but i keep getting told that the number is not in service. Does anyone have any idea what the prefix for the states is?

So far the no. i have is: The country code is 1 the area code is 404 and the phone number is 728-XXXX.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You would dial from Ireland to the US "001 (area code)+(number)".

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭al.

thanks!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

No problem, if they or anyone else would need to call you from the US, it would be "011+353 (drop the zero+number)".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

That's an Atlanta, GA number. I hope you speak Southern!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭eiretamicha

Ruu wrote:
    No problem, if they or anyone else would need to call you from the US, it would be "011+353 (drop the zero+number)".
    Or 011+44 (rest of number minus the zero) if you're calling the north. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Besprechen

dont forget to use the 13434 service for .5c a min to mobiles or landlines anytime!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

feck that!! http://www.telestunt.ie/
    Same as a local call.. just go there.. pick USA.. call the number then at the prompt put in the full international code and number!! We use it all the time for years!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Besprechen

Saruman wrote:
    feck that!! http://www.telestunt.ie/
    Same as a local call.. just go there.. pick USA.. call the number then at the prompt put in the full international code and number!! We use it all the time for years!!!

have moved from ireland a few years back but is a local call in the middle of the day to a mobile now less then .5c a minute?
    now just looking at website telestunt charge 33c a minute to uk mobiles where 13434 is 5c
    and telestunt actually recommend 13434 so they're obviously all interconnected somehow, whichever suits best i suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

What's this 13434?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Oh, wait, looked up 13434, but you have to subscribe to it. No thanks, I'll stick with Telestunt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Besprechen wrote:
    have moved from ireland a few years back but is a local call in the middle of the day to a mobile now less then .5c a minute?
    now just looking at website telestunt charge 33c a minute to uk mobiles where 13434 is 5c
    and telestunt actually recommend 13434 so they're obviously all interconnected somehow, whichever suits best i suppose!

He wants to call the US not the UK. Telestunt is much simpler than registering.
    13434 has impressive prices but having to register instead of just calling a number is too much hassle for me.
    With telestunt he can call any US landline or mobile for the same as the house next door.

Advertisement