Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone have the n70?

• 13-07-2006 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

to anyone who has the n70, are the buttons easy to use? looking at them, you'd think it needs one of those styluses for pda's. any other issues with it while i'm at it?

i have a 6680 at the moment and i find the buttons quite small but managable. i'll be entitled to an upgrade soon so i want to see if its worth the money

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭detritus

I have an N70, its a great little phone.

Nokia have decided to re-arrange the buttons so where you naturally would have hit cancel you end up hitting some other button.

It does have its downsides, I can find it gets a little bit sluggish, and the screen just isnt anywhere near as sharp as my old Nokia 6630.

Works well all round, car kit, 3g data phone, and reception is pretty good too.

Apart from the 2mp camera its doesnt really feel all that different to the 6680 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

It's worse than the 6680 IMO, and i found the 6680 kinda hard to use, button-wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

I had a n70 and a 6680..and yes I did find the buttons a bit fiddily on the n70 but i got over it, in fairness the 6680 had the best buttons i ever used, nice and big, could use your whole finger not just the tip of your finger!I found it really annoying when you press the red key by accident on the n70..drove me nuts!
    but...i found the n70 to be a more complete product, something that 6680 should been if you get my drift its like they better everything from the 6680, camera and video quality is amazing,the video was so good, you wouldn't be embarrased to show it on your computer..really you cant compare it to the 6680,the headset that came with the n70 is fair better than the 6680, they actually stay in the ear!
    These are just my observations from owning both these phones.

damo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

I currently have a 6680 on 3 and a N70 on VF . I have to say IMO the N70 is better than the 6680 . The keys are very small and I wish they were better but you do get used to it and I have to save for watching mobile TV etc.. its a cool phone. The only thing is that when you go to open a message or picture its not as fast as I thought it would be but the stuff on it is very good. When I look at the two side by side the 6680 looks a bit dated mind you in the world of mobile phones the N70 will be outdated by Xmas!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

I've had the N70 for a few months now.. I like it.. The only downside is that you have to use the special Nokia earphones that come with the phone to listen to music/radio.. It would be better if it had a standard jack..

The camera on it is excellent.. however at night time the picture quality is significantly reduced, during the day the picture is as good as you'd get on an actual camera..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Got one of these the other day, was holding out for w810 or v630i but vodafone aren't releasing the w810 and don't have a date for the release of the 630.

Initially, before I bought the phone, I was put off by the small keypad and it felt bulky. However, I wanted a phone with mp3/radio/camera and I also liked the fact it came with Symbian OS (had an n-gage before so was used to the navigation etc). Now that I've been using the phone for a few days I'm definitely happy with it. Its true you do get used to the smallish keypad and you'll soon stop pressing the wrong buttons once you retrain yourself.

I agree that the headphones are crap, they actually hurt my ears. You can get a "pop-port" to 3.5mm adaptor from Nokia or buy a generic type one from some where like nowgsm.

I'm hopefully going to get the route 66 software and bluetooth gps kit and use it as a gps system in the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i think i'll go for it after those replies as long as 3 don't make the upgrade price too high. they haven't decided on prices yet. thanks for the replies

@ rcs, this is what you're looking for:
    http://mobile.brando.com.hk/image/EPAdaptor_NOKto3.jpg

but you have to take it out to answer a call unlike the nokia one with the microphone built in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

viking wrote:
    I'm hopefully going to get the route 66 software and bluetooth gps kit and use it as a gps system in the car.

That sounds a bit quality.. where can you get this from?

Let me know if you get this working... cheers

Route 66: www.66.com, don't think they have 100% Ireland coverage for the S60 OS yet, they do have it for the PPC though.

There have been a few threads on this already:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/searchbt.php?search=bluetooth+gps

If anyone can recommend a bluetooth gps unit (cheapish) I'd appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

hey, I am due an upgrade from vodafone at the moment and I am trying to pick what phone to go for. Its for work and personal use. I was looking at the Nokia N70 live! 3G.

Has anyone got it? Any opinions?

I would like a reliable phone with a good camera, good memory, bluetooth for driving. Something that wont break easily would be nice also. Do car kits change in price with the phone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Does this phone have a speaker setting?

Yes, it has a loudspeaker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i've been offered the n70 for €169 as an upgrade from 3. does that sound like a good price to people?

I got mine for 149 as an upgrade from Vodafone, so 169 is not too shabby.

Advertisement