Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer access

Options
  • 13-07-2006 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

At risk of a two month ban.......

Whats the story of the Soccer forum?
    You have to request access to post on it, to my knowledge their are 2 other threads that require permission to post on one been the subscribers (limited to subscribers; obvious enough) the other is the sex/ sexuality (limited to mods (of various types) and subscribers; ensures a certain level of maturity). But I can't see a valid reason to limit people on the soccer thread, ok so you may have had a bit of friendly we wiped your a$$ last weekend but I've always found the social element of the sport to compliment the game itself.

Looking through previous access request's, Thanx 4 The Fish seems to wield with an iron fist in fact it reminds me of a manager who was described as comign form the Joseph Stalin school of management.

How long does it actually take for T4TF to deciede if your request was a valid request or not?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

It has pre-moderated access because people were flaming each other, causing hassle, getting banned and re-regging to flame all over again.

T4TF takes as long as he damn-well pleases to decide too, and you've probably added a few weeks onto any applications you make too; he doesn't like to be questioned...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I wasn't questioning him asuch, just I couldn't see the reason why, but thanks for explaining. From what you've said he seem to have a hard job of it, thats why he needs to be the way he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You can read more about it on the Soccer Wiki.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

When the Soccer forum was being a complete pain in the ass a few years ago we first off decided to just not have a soccer forum and in the end compromised on allowing posters in only on request.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Just out of curiosity, why is it that I am always the villain ?

There is more than me to apply the rules and yet every bastid time there is an issue it is my c0ck on the block...

Anyway, you now have access to soccer, you will not be banned for asking questions but perhaps you should consider your tone before you start as it will not serve you well in there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Bigger boys made me do it.

kdjac

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

You are typecasted now deal with it,you will be a better person when you accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Because your a merciless cunt monty!
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Because you're the moderator..never fear in a poll of the most hated moderators you didn't get a vote!!

Wowee

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

There is more than me to apply the rules and yet every bastid time there is an issue it is my c0ck on the block...

Anyway, you now have access to soccer, you will not be banned for asking questions but perhaps you should consider your tone before you start as it will not serve you well in there.

Appologies, I didn't mean to come across the way I did and hadn't realised that in the past there had been serious trouble on the thread. As for mod's it's a crap job, you have to read hundreds of post's and then when you take action for someone breaking a rule, you come out looking bad. It's not a job I'd envy, but as with most poster's I recognise the excellent work that you all do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

gillo wrote:
    Appologies, I didn't mean to come across the way I did and hadn't realised that in the past there had been serious trouble on the thread. As for mod's it's a crap job, you have to read hundreds of post's and then when you take action for someone breaking a rule, you come out looking bad. It's not a job I'd envy, but as with most poster's I recognise the excellent work that you all do.

I think you should wrap that up with a kiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Tbh gillo, the system works.
    The posts there are sometimes passionate, but rarely disrespectful - otherwise they're booted out, and people know this before going in.
    Without it you'd probably get some upset muppet registering under another name just to be able to come back in and start abusing all and sundry, this way they can't, at least its a lot harder and more time consuming during which the average alcohol fuelled keyboard warrior (been there one or twice) has calmed down/sobered up , had a hangover and thinks "oh no, not again!!" about what they posted last night!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

gillo wrote:

Thats more like it. ;)

Advertisement