Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

say it ain't so!

Options
  • 13-07-2006 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭

I just heard a horrible rumour that Ronan Keating has released a cover version of the Goo Goo Dolls 'Iris' !!:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

true im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Why???

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

blowup.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

That was amazing. I love Ronan Keating, heart heart xo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

The original was good at first but with overplaying on the radio,it has turned into a soppy piece of sh*t so he hasn't made it much worse really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

much better than what the Goo Goo Dolls did with it

Ronan is an inspiration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

Then it's just as I feared - and having listened to it I can safely say I think it's a complete pile of w*nk, compared to the original :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Don't like the original much myself so not bothered by it. What does bother me, though, is the fact that Ronan Keating actually had the NERVE to release a cover of Fairytale of New York. Pitiful, pitiful boy.
    "You scumbag, you maggot, you're cheap and you're haggard..." :eek: :mad: :( :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

ha ha what a genius. just proving he can do all genres - irish folk ('fairytale of new york'), country ('if tomorrow never comes') and rock ('iris') as well as his own pop stuff. heres hopin for a cover of maniac 2000 next....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

More than Avril?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i read the title thinking he covered weezers "say it ain't so" if that was true i'd have to kill something, preferably ronan.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Karoma wrote:
    More than Avril?
    No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

The Goo Goo Dolls are on a par with Boyzone in terms of creativity and credibility, so what's the big deal?
    i read the title thinking he covered weezers "say it ain't so"

Me too! I can hear his nasal whine now

Shay it ain't shooooow, your druuug ishh a lifetakoooorrrrrr,
    Shay it ain't shooooooowwww, ma laaaave ish a heartbreakarrrr

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I thought it wasn't possible to make that song any worse, but thank you Ronan.

You've now opened the song up to an entire new generation of teenage girls crying on their teddy strewn bed before they fud themselves off to a pictures of the male cast of the OC. And of course, the kind of slyboots evil genius men who make compilation CDs to try and bed these types...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

in my opinion the original is shiat,so there isin't much worse that toss ronan keating can do with it:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Robbo wrote:
    before they fud themselves off to a pictures of the male cast of the OC.

Girls can't masturbate and the clitoris doesn't exist. Plenty of lads will tell you that. ;)

Yeah, I hate the original. It's so whiny and dreary and thinks it's really deep and epic etc.
    Actually it's prime pickings for the likes of Ronan Keating.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

i felt compelled to put it as my bebo falsh box. such an epic video, especially the scene on that unreal hotel in dubai. u have to laugh at the poor guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

LOL Thats not seriously him singing that is it?
    It sounds like its been dubbed with someone else's voice.

P.S
    Awful Ronan, just awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

NO! Ronan should die a horrible painfull death. Not for all the other crap cover versions but for this one alone. 'Iris' is a sacred song. It needs pasion and will, not his shyte voice. The Goo Goo Dolls sing it like they mean it, whereas he just sings it knowing that he's going to get alot of money for this.
    And I think Karoma put it quite simply,
    blowup.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Iris' is a sacred song. It needs pasion and will,

Clearly one of the teddy-strewn bed fudders

Doomspell wrote:
    NO! Ronan should die a horrible painfull death. Not for all the other crap cover versions but for this one alone. 'Iris' is a sacred song. It needs pasion and will, not his shyte voice. The Goo Goo Dolls sing it like they mean it, whereas he just sings it knowing that he's going to get alot of money for this.
    And I think Karoma put it quite simply,
    blowup.gif
    You need to listen to the version that has the goo goo dolls and avril lavigne, clearly the best version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

You need to listen to the version that has the goo goo dolls and avril lavigne, clearly the best version.

I heard that it also features Rooster on back-up, dontcha know ;)

odhran, Tar doesn't care about Rooster or The Goo Goo Dolls, he's too inlove with Avril!!

What an outrageous accusation with no backing up with evidence!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Doomspell wrote:
    odhran tar doesn't care about Rooster or The Goo Goo Dolls, he's too inlove with Avril !!

!!!!!!!!!!!

I was like wtf is odhran tar?! for 10 minutes!!

punctuate better next time, buddy.

What an outrageous accusation with no backing up with evidence!

I don't think you want me to do that, Tar. *ahem* I told you,tar, that I look a bit like Avril and you asked me to marry you.

Sorry Irish GrumPy, it that better:D

!!!!!!!!!!!

I was like wtf is odhran tar?! for 10 minutes!!
    Lmao. The great Odhran tar!
    doomspell wrote:
    I told you,tar, that I look a bit like Avril and you asked me to marry you.
    Never happened, and i would never do somebody that looked like Avril, let alone marry her.
    >_>
    <_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

I hated the original, but I love this version, well "love" is perhaps too strong a word, it isn't in the genre I would generally listen to, but I much MUCH prefer Ronan's version to the original...I remember hearing the GGD's version on the radio every 10 minutes, and I hated it...the singing cut through my head like a rusty screwdriver in the ear. At least Ronan has a decent voice. Also, as an aside, "Goo Goo Dolls" is an awful AWFUL name for a band. You're all a bunch of elitist snobs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

Are those of us who hate both versions equally also elitist snobs?

Advertisement