Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tax on Imported cars Help

Options
  • 13-07-2006 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hey, im importing a car from japan, and im wonderin about the taxes that i'll have to pay! I already know about VRT, but what are the other (hidden) costs!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭paul moore

Hey you need to watch every penny,it might be as cheap here for certain cars !!!
    Not sure of the figures but you have to pay: VAT,Customs Clearance Tax,Shipping,Unloading Fee,Customs Clearance Agent,it adds up,TRUST ME !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Plus road tax. The VRT can be a fecker though as they seem to be putting the prices for popular cars up every day

Advertisement