Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've lost over 1,000 posts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Isn't the DHTML menu generated at midnight? The top stats are still the same, so they must be using some other var for the posts counts now.

During the backup I thought.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I am he.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

ecksor will this be fixed for those of us who have never mentioned post counts before this ?:)

ecksor wrote:
    I am he.

He drunk dancing. :D

heheheh
    Picture+032.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Sparky-s wrote:
    During the backup I thought.
    I think it's a different thread of the day than it was? Open to correction though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Grimes wrote:
    ecksor will this be fixed for those of us who have never mentioned post counts before this ?:)

Ah it doesn't matter however I don't like your tone Grimes.Not cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I don't mind Boards.ie has been a great means of discussion and stuff since I joined and thats all that really matters isnt it :)

Chakar

Listen up n00b. Thats a very serious accusation to make against a mod and somone who has been here since 2002 and an accuastaion being made by somone who has a name as a spammer on the UCD forum. I suggest you edit your post and im not joking.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Grimes wrote:
    Chakar

Listen up n00b. Thats a very serious accusation to make against a mod and somone who has been here since 2002 and an accuastaion being made by somone who has a name as a spammer on the UCD forum. I suggest you edit your post and im not joking.
    Oh go and cry. ;_:

Oh go and cry. ;_:

<snipped>

• Advertisement

Relax Grimes I've edited the post, jeez I didn't think you would react like you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Woohoo, I just gained 500 posts or so. Don't care who I stole them from.

Oh go and cry. ;_:

Shurrup n00b.

/looks at own posts.

ohhhhhhhh.:(

/walks off with head down.

Grimes edit your post likewise please its out of context we wouldn't like that would we now.

for the record it was an accusation that I didn't like . Thanks for editing but it wasnt cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Grimes wrote:

seriousbusiness.jpg

Watch it; he mods Lego.

seriousbusiness.jpg

Watch it; he mods Lego.

Heh, Right is there any sign of the posts being restored to their original number or is it permanent.

Wait till the backup, maybe the post counts will be rebuilt.
    I quite enjoy my low posts. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

This is starting to feel like fight club where they wipe out the bank records - seriously - set them all to 0 and leave them that way. You know you want to.

well im staying up for the backup then!

• Advertisement

Whens the backup anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i'm sure you can spam fast enough sparky to get it back up

seriousbusiness.jpg

Watch it; he mods Lego.

I spent 5 minutes solid laughing at this post.

eksor will this be fixed on the reboot??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Grimes wrote:
    Chakar

Oh man, that made me laugh for a good 2 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

ecksor wrote:
    I spent 5 minutes solid laughing at this post.

Haha, didn't see that one til after.

I thought Grimes' attempt at comedy was better..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I've lost approx 4320 posts....... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I'd imagine it's reading the value for post count from some other var than was built at random based on some algorithm. The post count var still remains. TBH i liked post count for adverts.ie, it's a much better indication than join date.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

The servers will be rebooted while the backup tries to run thus creating backup failure mails to all the admins......that will teach them. Oh yeah and that will fix the "Problem"

• Advertisement

Grimes wrote:
    eksor will this be fixed on the reboot??

We haven't rebooted boards in months. It went down a couple of weeks ago because of a powercut though.

Anyway, nothing is broken.

Can I take this opportunity to remind you all what a fantastic album "Exit Planet Dust" by The Chemical Brothers is.

Advertisement