Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've lost over 1,000 posts

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Asok wrote:
    The servers will be rebooted while the backup tries to run thus creating backup failure mails to all the admins......that will teach them. Oh yeah and that will fix the "Problem"

Which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

yo Psi was just sorting somthing out with Chakar about this earlier. Wasnt trying to be funny altought it was pretty lame i got fairly angry.

ecksor wrote:
    We haven't rebooted boards in months. It went down a couple of weeks ago because of a powercut though.

Anyway, nothing is broken.

Can I take this opportunity to remind you all what a fantastic album "Exit Planet Dust" by The Chemical Brothers is.

Dig Your Own Hole is far superior imho :)

I'm listening to Music For the Jilted Generation now - to think it is almost an "oldie".

Grimes wrote:
    yo Psi was just sorting somthing out with Chakar about this earlier. Wasnt trying to be funny altought it was pretty lame i got fairly angry.
    You mean you really weren't joking :eek:

Oh dear, I've made accusations against againts mods too.... I didn't realise...I wonder is it too late for me......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

psi wrote:
    You mean you really weren't joking :eek:

Oh dear, I've made accusations against againts mods too.... I didn't realise...I wonder is it too late for me......:(

this is making me look like a tit! it wasnt about the mod thing, i know the poster in question well .

• Advertisement

Grimes wrote:
    this is making me look like a tit!

Don't lump all the blame on me.

I think, to be fair, we both played a part in it. ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

psi wrote:
    Dig Your Own Hole is far superior imho :)

I don't know. It's a while since I've listened to them both in good detail, but I'll do that now and get back to you.
    I'm listening to Music For the Jilted Generation now - to think it is almost an "oldie".

I find it odd that I'll think of Music for the Jilted Generation in the same way that my parents will think of the horselips or the eagles or what have you. That's an album I don't have on my laptop actually. I regret buying all my music in the mid 90s in a non-digital friendly format now.

ecksor wrote:
    I don't know. It's a while since I've listened to them both in good detail, but I'll do that now and get back to you.

Cool do :)
    I find it odd that I'll think of Music for the Jilted Generation in the same way that my parents will think of the horselips or the eagles or what have you. That's an album I don't have on my laptop actually. I regret buying all my music in the mid 90s in a non-digital friendly format now.

Here, I've a tape walkman if you want it. Boxed, new and I shan't be needing it.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Edit:

Me upon noticing my new postcount:

omgnoposts1ui.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

psi wrote:
    Here, I've a tape walkman if you want it. Boxed, new and I shan't be needing it.

I'll take you up on that, although I don't know what exactly I did with my tapes when I moved out of Dublin. When I did my open university course in pure maths a few years ago I never listened to the tapes that came with the modules because I didn't actually own a cassette player ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Hehehe. :)

Also, it is clear that David Bowie > Chemical Brothers.

ecksor wrote:
    I'll take you up on that, although I don't know what exactly I did with my tapes when I moved out of Dublin. When I did my open university course in pure maths a few years ago I never listened to the tapes that came with the modules because I didn't actually own a cassette player ...
    grand so, I'll give it to ya tomor if ya want.

its a nice one too. I won it at a raffle a few years ago. Bloody charities and their cheap prizes....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I dont think I have lost any :p

NEVERMIND ABOUT 800 :(

Hahah nice post count !! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

still nobody knows what happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

I honestly think people's posts were lost based on coolness/lack of coolness. Naturally, being the top bloke that I am, I lost relatively few posts. :p

Just as well I was never bothered about post count. It'd be great fun though if some peoples' post counts were reduced to a negative number :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

lost 3,500 *sulks*

shame that i can no longer search back to the posts that started off my boards career *sulks more* :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Big Chief wrote:
    shame that i can no longer search back to the posts that started off my boards career *sulks more* :(

Yeh this non-search thing is "wreckin me buzz". Feck google and its crap post searching. Boards new postcount FTW tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I lost 1k. I'm tinnnnyyyyyyyyyyyy. :[

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Hmmm I did have almost 3,500. Ah well. On the plus side I now have more than Moriarty :)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Lost 7200 posts... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Thanks ecksor
    I can't stop grinning, great way to start the weekend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

CuLT wrote:
    omgnoposts1ui.jpg

CuLT upon noticing my new postcount.

Lol though - 6300 odd posts down the swanny. I'll have to redo my Xmas Seasons Spam Fest of 2001!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Gained almost a hundred posts I think...and they say nothing in this life is free!

"Oh hi Ecksor, why are your trousers around your ankles? You want to do what with my what?"

Ouch! Guess they weren't free after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Now i have more than most of you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

It's not our post counts that have shrunk, but boards itself, the loss of the search funtion was the first symptom. Boards has finally reached forum critical mass and will now implode under the sheer weight of noobs and modlomaniacs until a month from now it will be little more than a single ezboard glittering in the darkness..

the final nights are upon us children

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Gained over 1000 posts!!! (Yes I really am a quiet poster...)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

i lost about 10,000 posts.

ohnoes.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Bambi wrote:
    It's not our post counts that have shrunk, but boards itself, the loss of the search funtion was the first symptom. Boards has finally reached forum critical mass and will now implode under the sheer weight of noobs and modlomaniacs until a month from now it will be little more than a single ezboard glittering in the darkness..

the final nights are upon us children

Maybe it'll all shrink to one singular forum - www.afterhours.com :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I lost about 14000 posts. I win! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I've lost 4,500 I feel like a newbie again :D

Advertisement