Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will there be slimline dvd packs for DS9 and Voyager?

• 13-07-2006 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭

as some of you know slimline dvd packaging was brought out for TNG and i got myself a good bargain in snapping up 4 of those at gamestop thanks to their buy one get one half price promotion. I was wondering if the same will happen to DS9 and Voyager, hopefully they will come with slimline packaging for DS9 soon. anyone know what the story is???

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

By slimline do you mean the packs that fold into themselves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

well not necessarily, by slimline i mean cheaper box sets!!! :D i'd like to be able to snap up DS9 for €40 a season!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Their still to expensive tbh the tng dvd shouldnt cost more than 25 euro they are like 15 years old after all surely they have made their money back by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

bizmark, its a question of how badly do you want it?

€40 for nearly 20 hours of tv (26 episodes) is smashing value.

as owner of all TNG, all Ds9,all enterprise and only missing 3 voyager box sets i can say they have been the best spent money ever(and all of those the older boxsets) . tho ive only payed full irish retail price on 3 of them , last Ds9, and last 2 voyager. the rrest were in sales or amazon.

as a trekkie i rewatch the episodes again and again, taking DS9 as an example ive watched it full thru twice now since ive gotten all the boxsets.

likewise enterprise, om my 2nd viewing of TNG now, and i'll get the other 3 voy from amazon (approx €90 a pop), so that i can watch that from start to finish.

i cant recomemnd them enuf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I rewatch them again and again as well justise the difference is i see them for free on sky one i just have to wait a bit to see tng/ds9/voyager/enterprise reruns but i will see them.

• Advertisement

No I;m no PHE rep but basically I think that the TNG sets were re-released as a test.

See how the cheaper sets effect sales, and work it from there. From the reaction I personally have gathered online, these sets have gone down a treat! So I can only assume, that DS9, Voyager, TOS and Enterprise will follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

i dont think its the same bizmark,

we watch whichever series we want, if its a 2 parter, then i can watch the two parter in one go (as they were ment to be seen). ive seen sky one repeat the same series it just showed, (season 1 DS9 has been repeatably shown, but i dont think season 7 was ever repeated).

but what must be also mentioned is NO ADDS. tbh between movies and ST we have ruined normal tv for ourselves, its the ADDS GODDAMIT!

fortuantly for me im not waiting for the cheaper sets to get the last 3 voyager. its worth it to me now.
    ofc big factor with us is that its both myself and the missus that are fans, that mean no issues sticking them on when we want. might not be the same for peeps who share TV with non trekkie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I hope the slimline versions of DS9 make an appearance soon, I've come dangerously close (i.e. one "confirm payment" click away!) to buying the extortionately priced versions that are currently out for it at the moment which are going for £67.99 a pop on www.play.com (and that's the cheapest place to pick them up!). I really do think the price of Star Trek series on DVD takes the absolute piss, there's no more episodes in a season than say, 24, yet 24 seasons go for £17.99 and Star Trek seasons go for the price mentioned above, Paramount are some vamires I tell ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

X-files box sets are considerably cheaper than ST box sets and they're just as old and contain just as many episodes - what's that about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

was in HMV today and they're getting ready for a sale on all boxsets tomorrow. Saw that most boxsets of Voyager and DS9 are on sale for €69 each. I have a feeling that the new slimline packaging for those shows will be coming out soon just like they did with TNG and X-files.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I prefer the 'slim-line' cases anyway. Very annoying opening those big cases and unfolding everything just find one episode.

They're very tacky too, imo.

Advertisement