Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weeks EL action

• 13-07-2006 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

FRIDAY 14 JULY
    EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION
    Dublin City -v- Shelbourne 7.45 Away
    St Pat's Ath -v- Bohemians 7.45 Draw Pub
    Waterford Utd -v- Sligo Rovers 7.45 Away

SUNDAY 16 JULY
    Derry City -v- Longford Town 6.30 Away :eek:
    UCD -v- Drogheda Utd 7.00 Draw :eek:

Bohs fans bring money for beer lots of it.......
    MCDOWELL’S RICHMOND HOUSE
    It is with great pleasure that we were able to announce the club is taking over McDowell’s Richmond House. ‘McDowell’s’ has been a great St Patrick’s venue over the years and for the club to be taking it over is wonderful news for all. As many supporters know, the club was founded in McDowell’s and we have celebrated many wonderful occasions in this famous landmark.

Woot our pub showing the 4-3 Cup game after the match morrow..... ehh actually Bohs fans maybe they are not but stay till the wee hours and drink a lot anyway :)

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

FRIDAY 14 JULY
    Dublin City -v- Shelbourne 7.45
    St Pat's Ath -v- Bohemians 7.45
    Waterford Utd -v- Sligo Rovers 7.45

SUNDAY 16 JULY
    Derry City -v- Longford Town 6.30
    UCD -v- Drogheda Utd 7.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

With the new players at wat utd
    I can see them winning
    2-1 the blues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Resistance

pp_me129 wrote:
    I can see them winning
    2-1 the blues
    We are without McTiernan and Foy for this one. Reynolds is the only half decent player Waterford brought in and I can't see the rest making an impact

1-0 Rovers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭johnos

Pat's game should be interesting. Looking forward to seeing Devlin get a better run -- he looked sharp in his short time on against Derry -- and also hope the gaffer plays Mark Leech. Could be two good signings...

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

pp_me129 wrote:
    I can see them winning
    2-1 the blues

should be an interesting game. I think the blues might sneak a 2-1 win. Bout time we picked up 3 points from the 1 game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

FRIDAY 14 JULY
    CHF -v- Shelbourne Away
    St Pat's Ath -v- Bohemians Home
    Waterford Utd -v- Sligo Rovers Away

SUNDAY 16 JULY
    Derry City -v- Longford Town Home
    UCD -v- Drogheda Utd Away

It's my first game back, and I can't bloody wait!

We should beat CHF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

FRIDAY 14 JULY
    Dublin City -v- Shelbourne 7.45 -away
    St Pat's Ath -v- Bohemians 7.45 -away
    Waterford Utd -v- Sligo Rovers 7.45 -home

SUNDAY 16 JULY
    Derry City -v- Longford Town 6.30 - away ;)
    UCD -v- Drogheda Utd 7.00 - home

:eek:

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Tonights results

FRIDAY 14 JULY

Dublin City 1-2 Shelbourne

St Pat's Ath 0-1 Bohemians

Waterford Utd 1-2 Sligo Rovers

EIRCOM LEAGUE FIRST DIVISION
    Limerick FC 1-2 Athlone Town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Out ****ted by Bohs.

Crap game graced only by farrellys superb goal (worth watchinhg tv thing just for it)

They were **** and we were ****.

Pats will be fined for ****in retards throwing bottles at O Brien (who saved a peno that never was, justice i suppose).

Altho we will be fined rightly, the bottle never touched him.

Highlight....

When legends combine.....

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/DSC00208.JPG
    Bah

only brightside was ndo scoring for shels............

kdjac

Gah, Waterford to ruin my predictions.

Mr Kerr looks a bit tipsy!

• Advertisement

Up to 5th now lovin' it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭johnos

Nice away win. Good to see some spirit coming back.
    I've linked all the match reports here

Indeed resistance ye are having a great season and fair play to ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Another win for the Reds last night. Think that's nine wins in our last ten games (all comps.). :cool:

Great goal by Crowe in an otherwise poor game.

Another win on Monday night sees us go level with Cork with a game in hand. :)

Zebra3 wrote:
    Great goal by Crowe in an otherwise poor game
    Were we at different games?

Ndo and Ryan scored didn't they?

Ryan from outside the box, and Ndo after the ball rebounded off the keeper from the free kick.

Or am I insane?

seansouth wrote:
    Were we at different games?

Ndo and Ryan scored didn't they?

Ryan from outside the box, and Ndo after the ball rebounded off the keeper from the free kick.

Or am I insane?

:o

I don't know why I had it in my head that Crowe scored. Maybe it was cos of the great save the keeper made from him that lead to the corner for Ryan's goal.

See the goals at the following link: http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=404

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

FINN HARPS 1 - 2 DUNDALK

Come on the town , get the money on dundalk now 14-1 for the league in paddypower thats before the rovers game on friday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Na I think Dundalks run is over 4 wins in a row is followed by 4 loses in row :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Derry 1 - 0 Longford FT

Longford are lucky there isnt any relegation this season, as they are absolute muck.

UCD 0 - 0 Drogs FT

Probably a cracking end to end affair I'd say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION  JUL 16 
                   P   W   D   L   F   A Pts
     Cork City    16  10   4   2  18   6  34
     Drogheda U   16  10   4   2  17   6  34
     Derry City   15  10   2   3  22   9  32
     Shelbourne   14   9   4   1  24  11  31
     Sligo Rvrs   16   7   5   4  20  17  26
     St Pat's A   16   6   6   4  19  13  24
     Bohemians    17   6   2   9  17  19  20
     UCD          17   4   6   7  16  16  18
     Dublin City  17   4   3  10  11  24  15
     Longford Tn  15   3   5   7  11  15  14
     Bray Wndrs   15   2   4   9  10  27  10
     Waterford U  16   0   3  13  10  32   3

If we beat Waterford tomorrow night (which we should!!), we'll be top on goal difference, with a game in hand, at pretty much the half way point of the season. Not looking too shabby, especially considering the poor enough start!

Waterford/UCD/Sligo all at home in the next 2 or 3 weeks. Could well be sitting pretty by the end of that! (Then Drogs (A), Cark (H), Bohs (A)) :D

Cork and Drogs are virtually identical, 1 goal scored being the only seperation after 16 games! :eek:

• Advertisement

Yep, it's looking good at the moment...on the field anyway.

For a team that has problems getting paid, there is absolutely no shortage of commitment, and desire to win. 10 wins from the last 11 games in all competitions I believe it is. :cool:

No excuses for not routing the Blues tonight!!!!! :)

Shelbourne 5-1 Waterford Utd
    Ryan 45 Casey 61
    Hawkins 60
    Ndo 63
    Crowe 67, 90

Think its over, errortel says its not.

kdjac

Blues done well in the first half, but conceded just before half-time through another excellent goal by Ryan.

Ndo was outstanding, and it could have been 10-1.

In fairness, Blues scored a fantastic goal. Took our defence to bits. :o

11 wins from our last 12 competitive games and top of the league......with a game in hand.

And still in both domestic cups. :)
    EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION JUL 17
    P W D L F A Pts
    Shelbourne 15 10 4 1 29 12 34
    Cork City 16 10 4 2 18 6 34
    Drogheda U 16 10 4 2 17 6 34
    Derry City 15 10 2 3 22 9 32
    Sligo Rvrs 16 7 5 4 20 17 26
    St Pat's A 16 6 6 4 19 13 24
    Bohemians 17 6 2 9 17 19 20
    UCD 17 4 6 7 16 16 18
    Dublin City 17 4 3 10 11 24 15
    Longford Tn 15 3 5 7 11 15 14
    Bray Wndrs 15 2 4 9 10 27 10
    Waterford U 17 0 3 14 11 37 3

EDIT> Goals available at this link: http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=410

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Good win for Shels, their form looks ominous for the other teams up there, who have so far failed to play the kind of football Shels played last night. That said, Waterford are pure fodder at this stage, it's difficult to see any way back for them.

If it is true that Shels players aren't being paid, then it seems to be bringing them together. As Ozo said last night though, that is only ever a short-term thing, and something would need to be done ASAP to avoid the wheels coming off what looks to be a great run of [domestic] form.

Bateman wrote:
    Good win for Shels, their form looks ominous for the other teams up there, who have so far failed to play the kind of football Shels played last night.
    We were very bad in the first half last night, very bad. In fact we only started to turn it on after we conceded to make it 2-1.

Joesph Ndo is a great player, and he controlled that game last night, from start to finish. His understanding with Glen Crowe is fantastic to watch, and that alone was worth the fifteen euro in.

Just a little thing I see, our three "mercenary" Gypsies all scored last night.

seansouth wrote:
    We were very bad in the first half last night, very bad. In fact we only started to turn it on after we conceded to make it 2-1.

Joesph Ndo is a great player, and he controlled that game last night, from start to finish. His understanding with Glen Crowe is fantastic to watch, and that alone was worth the fifteen euro in.

Just a little thing I see, our three "mercenary" Gypsies all scored last night.

Crowe is the only one that would even be considered for a return, but you would have to get him into shape before we'd think of taking his weekly wage bill off your hands. :)

Bateman wrote:
    Crowe is the only one that would even be considered for a return, but you would have to get him into shape before we'd think of taking his weekly wage bill off your hands. :)
    Actually, having been away from the country since last August, when I was in Dalyer for the CHF game on Friday I commented to someone that Crowe seemed to have lost a good bit of weight. He looks very sharp, and was outstanding last night.

As for him being the only one that would be even considered for a return, well Nutsy has had a right go at Farrelly over the shi-stirring he's been doing regarding Crowe.

seansouth wrote:
    As for him being the only one that would be even considered for a return, well Nutsy has had a right go at Farrelly over the shi-stirring he's been doing regarding Crowe.
    In the papers or what?

At the end of Nutsy's interview post game, from the Shels official website.

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=408

And if anybody is interested, all six goals from last night's game are online

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=410

there.

• Advertisement

Bray 1-2 Sligo Rovers Result
    P   W   D   L   F   A Pts
     Shelbourne   15  10   4   1  29  12  34
     Cork City    16  10   4   2  18   6  34
     Drogheda U   16  10   4   2  17   6  34
     Derry City   15  10   2   3  22   9  32
     Sligo Rvrs   17   8   5   4  22  18  29
     St Pat's A   16   6   6   4  19  13  24
     Bohemians    17   6   2   9  17  19  20
     UCD          17   4   6   7  16  16  18
     Dublin City  17   4   3  10  11  24  15
     Longford Tn  15   3   5   7  11  15  14
     Bray Wndrs   16   2   4   10  11  29  10
     Waterford U  17   0   3  14  11  37   3

I know I predicted Sligo to do well this season, but no way did I expect them to do this well. A win against City on Saturday night (should the game go ahead) will have them in contention for the Setanta/Inter Toto place at very least.

Are Cork flying back straight after the game tomorrow night? Even if they do (it's a 5 hour flight from Cyprus), they'll only be home early Thursday morning, train (lightly?) on Friday and then get a bus for 3/4(?) hours to Sligo on Saturday. :eek:

I'd be surprised if it goes ahead.

^ It really depends on whether City go through tonight or not, but iI wouldnt be surprised either way.

Yes, the team are flying back immediately after tonigths game. Plane is expected in Cork Airport at about 0400hrs tmr morning.

Are you going to the airport to help with lifts home :D

Ill be safely in my bed dreaming of.....well, I'd better not say.

• Advertisement

I don't see why Cork shouldn't have to play against Sligo. These are the demands modern professionals must face. The cancellation of Drogheda v Derry is absolutely farcical, and will bite them both on the arse late in the season in the form of a fixture pile-up.

For the first time in a long time, if not ever, irish clubs are doing relatively well in Europe. i tyhink the thinking behing such postponements is simply that players are not risking injury, and hampering the chances of the teams progress as a result.

Cork City did quite for the last few seasons even with the postponments taken into account, and backlogs as a result at the tail end of the season.

Of course I agree with gimmick here. But I have to say, it's always supporters of non-competing clubs who have a problem with it. Two years ago when we asked for games to be postponed fans from every other club were up in arms over it.

It's just the decent thing to do. We all want our teams to do well, why not give them the best possible chance?

I'm sure if your club ever gets to play in the CL you wouldn't be long about changing your opinion.

seansouth wrote:
    Of course I agree with gimmick here. But I have to say, it's always supporters of non-competing clubs who have a problem with it. Two years ago when we asked for games to be postponed fans from every other club were up in arms over it.

It's just the decent thing to do. We all want our teams to do well, why not give them the best possible chance?

I'm sure if your club ever gets to play in the CL you wouldn't be long about changing your opinion.

Maybe fans of competing clubs are in favour of the postponements but will they regret it at the end of the season when they've to play 3 times in a week? They might do, that's all I am saying.

I don't want other Irish teams to do well, I couldn't care less, I am more worried about the blatant amateurism of calling off games for spurious reasons.

When we played in the CL a few years back and got by 1 round, I can't remember if we got games called off, but it wouldn't have bothered me either way, my heart doesn't bleed for modern professional footballers and their injuries. If a personality clash is enough to prevent one of the league's most gifted players lining out and helping his team to get through to the next round, then talk of preventing injuries is a bit rich.

Teams that complain of playing too many games should stop winning them.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Should City get through tonight, the game Vs Sligo WILL be postponed. If not, it will go ahead as planned.

Hoping for a draw against pats tonight.

Why are you not hoping for a win?

Im trying to fit in with the negatvity on show atm ;) My first homegame of the season!

God bless my negativity.

God bless my negativity.

Good result for Longford, that. Pat's, on the other hand, may have dented their morale by signing the wrong players at the wrong time, just because they could. They might go on a bad run now, and I don't think Fahy is going to be the player to end it if it starts. :confused:

Our worst performance of the season, we were terrible and never once threatened to break Longfords flat back 8. They just picked us off as we did everything wrong and then coupled with some of th emost bizarre subs ever 4 right wingers on the pitch and none of them playing right wing :confused:

Fahey looked like a player who has barely played in a year.

Why JMC broke up the mid of Foley and Mulcahy 6 games ago is a mystery restores it for one and we win, losing all of the other 5 when they not playing together :confused:

kdjac

Also met Ronan|raven there and heheheh exactly as i imagined big hairy dude :D

kdjac

Keeps me warm in the winter!

Looked like it in cold Wellington.

• Advertisement
Advertisement