Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

License Month

Options
  • 13-07-2006 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if the licenses are given out after the 31st or is it during the month?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

wait for de letter

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

According to law, the licences expire on July 31 and are renewed and are valid from August 1 onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

I had a phone call from my local Sergent earlier today regarding the changing of details on a new shotgun permit and change of details on another. He's calling into my house tonight so i can sign an application and he will collect the licence fee's. Done and dusted no hassle and he says i'll have all my renewed and new permits back by the first week of august. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

good service

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

that's your tax euros at work for ya!

he's probably going to check if you have a safe or if your a mentaly sane enough to have a gun aswell, you know "two birds with one stone" sort of thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭TomBeckett

Hello All
    I have not recieved any renewal notice yet! I am in the New Ross District.Now normaly they send them out early in July.
    They must not want any money this year:rolleyes:
    Has anyone here had the same query?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

No sign of any from Portlaoise District yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

none in my district either

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

None for me so far

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

Have not received mine yet ither. Mine usually come the last week in July.
    Keelan.

• Advertisement

None here either.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

No sign of anything here yet either.
    Maybe a query call to the depot or the F.O. is in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

Nor me, very suspicious:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭17HMR

Nothing here either.
    Not much of July left !

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

It's always the last few days in July before I recieve the renewal letter
    Looking at last year letter now and it was dated July 27th with renewals at the station 6th and 13th of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

They say that there being sent out tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭17HMR

Terrier wrote:
    It's always the last few days in July before I recieve the renewal letter
    Looking at last year letter now and it was dated July 27th with renewals at the station 6th and 13th of August.

Gas really....

Does that mean that for about a week or so, every year, there isn't a legally held (civilian) firearm in the country ! How come An Post can get me out a TV licence renewal a month before the old one expires and the Gardai get away with leaving it all until the last minute ?

I'd imagine having to also enforce the law would probably be a disadvantage for the gardai over An Post, 17 :D
    However, it's a good argument for handing the renewal of licences over to civilian employees within the gardai, if not an external civil agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Related question, when the new licence with a 3 year duration comes in, wuill the fee simply be 3x the existing amount, or will it be proportionally reduced to take account of the reduced administrative burden involved (which is the main justification for the current amount)?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 zaitsev

What is the best method of going about the following :-

I want to apply to be joined to an existing FA certificates held by a member of
    the family, a shotgun and 22 rifle.
    I have joined the local gun club and the Midlands rifle club.

Do I still require 3 farmers signatures for the shotgun and rifle, will be using the rifle both for hunting and range shooting.

The local gun club is shotgun only.

Once you tick the hunting endorsement box on the application does that automatically require the 3 farmers signatures even if you are a member of a gun/rifle club.

• Advertisement

no the shot gun club has land on which you shot or agreement to use land that should satisfy the FO

the club for the .22 will be fine and shoot where ever you have permission they can not define what /where you shoot with a rifle yet
    Related question, when the new licence with a 3 year duration comes in, wuill the fee simply be 3x the existing amount, or will it be proportionally reduced to take account of the reduced administrative burden involved (which is the main justification for the current amount)?

:D:D:D
    it will be 3x this is ireland

My licence renewal letters just arrived (approx 9:20am, Tuesday July 25th).
    Portlaoise District.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

All mine arrived together this morning as well.

same aLL HERE

Here as well. All three of 'em. I can't remember - did they all come from Garda HQ last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

They do.

Just back from the station, where a rather frazzled young Guard was at the point of laughing hysterically at the sheer volume of people looking to renew their Firearms Certs.
    He is strongly of the opinion that the Minister should have changed to a 'Licence the Shooter' system, rather than the current 'Licence the Gun' nonsense. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

Got all mine today aswell in the post.
    Went to my local garda station to renew them, the FO told me to come back in a week, as the certs were not in yet.:rolleyes:
    Keelan.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭TomBeckett

Nothing Here Yet!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

Got two of mine yesterday - certs not in station yet though.

Advertisement