Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

License Month

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭allnight_2002

got mine riffle and shotgun cert yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

Got mine yesterday also, two of them had the wrong make on them, 'unknown make' and 'Smith & Wesson'. Serial no. and calibre were correct, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

only got 2 of my 3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Got mine yesterday,minus updated shotgun information.Will the superintedant take a cheque for both or do they require a cheque for each firearm?(or is that a stupid question?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

One cheque works fine in my experience - have paid cash plenty of times too. It'd be great if Garda stations had Visa machines, but to be honest, the whole idea of using trained Gardai for what is a totally adminstrative procedure, which essentially reduces them to the role of cashier is a waste of Garda resources. Wouldn't it be much more sensible to renew certs at the post office?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Degsy wrote:
    Got mine yesterday,minus updated shotgun information.Will the superintedant take a cheque for both or do they require a cheque for each firearm?(or is that a stupid question?)
    One cheque for the lot.

civdef wrote:
    One cheque works fine in my experience - have paid cash plenty of times too. It'd be great if Garda stations had Visa machines, but to be honest, the whole idea of using trained Gardai for what is a totally adminstrative procedure, which essentially reduces them to the role of cashier is a waste of Garda resources. Wouldn't it be much more sensible to renew certs at the post office?

The cop on duty last year wouldnt take cash off me,i had to go to the bank and get a bloody draft,adding about an hour to teh whole procedure.
    On a slightly unrelated matter,i dont like they way the cert has your adress listed on it,if it was to get lost or nicked,heypresto,somebody knows there's a firearm at such and such an address!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Degsy wrote:
    On a slightly unrelated matter,i dont like they way the cert has your adress listed on it,if it was to get lost or nicked,heypresto,somebody knows there's a firearm at such and such an address!

I agree, I got mine last week and thought it unnecessary to have three coming through the door. A crooked postman would cop that there are three firearms at my address and if he had links with dodgy characters could succumb to a brown envelope for passing the info.

TJ911...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭cantona

Sorted out my renewal yesterday.Local FO, 5 mins but had to go back as new certs were not stamped.Rang this morning about Euro Pass.Dropped it in to District office at lunch time to get extended and new rifle added.Was rang 20 mins later and told it was ready but was already on way back to work.Collected this evening to find validity extended but no stamp to add rifle on to it.It only needed 2 stamps and 2 signatures, as he had told me to write in the details myself, and they couldn't even get that right.

Any wonder our confidence in our local L.E.O. is so low.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

All mine renewed.
    Keelan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Got mine 31st July.Renewed them today,my locals say there has been a major delay in them getting the new lics in the Garda stations in the Munster area.

Got mine 31st July.Renewed them today,my locals say there has been a major delay in them getting the new lics in the Garda stations in the Munster area.

Handed mine in with the fee on the 29th,havnt heard anything since..

Advertisement