Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV interference

• 13-07-2006 11:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭

I've noticed that on our CRT TV that when a RF aerial is plugged in directly to the TV, (I haven't rigged the cable to it yet) and then you look at a DVD via the scart connector that you see some ghosting from the ariel signal in the DVD channel. Its only a new TV is that something to justify returning it? Or it something that I can elminate someother way?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

You shouldn't get that at all. Your DVD is via the scart which does not use RF channels.
    Best thing is to return the TV and get a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Dang its going to be a lot of hassle to move now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

It only happens when an aerial is in?

Whats this about the cable? Do you mean NTL. Have you tuned in all the channels and then tried?

Either way, it should not happen.

We have analog NTL I just haven't run the cable to the TV yet. So in the meanwhile I was using a standard aerial. But I thought it shouldn't effect the other channels, for example the DVD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 theslick

I got something like this. Every once in a while there are horizontal lines (esp on pale coloured backgrounds like walls) when watching dvds. I thought it might be the scart cable picking up interference so I bought a better one - but no difference. Anyway unplugging the RF (NTL analog) does the trick. Doesn't happen often, just have to get up and unplug that cable when it does. Philips widescreen 28" CRT TV btw.

• Advertisement

Ah ha! This is a Philips 24" widescreen. Must be a design flaw with them. To be honest unplugging the NTL isn't a solution really. That would be a pain in the rear to keep doing that. I'll return it on Sat.

Pity with a progressive scan DVD the picture was excellent for €259. I'll have to spend a lot more to get near the quality on a smaller LCD. Thats why I went with a CRT in the first place. I'll have to rethink what I'm going to do. The other half wanted a basic TV, but I wanted something decent for watching movies. I didn't want to spend a lot on bedroom TV, the decent small LCD's are too expensive and the portable CRT with DVD are pretty poor quality in general.

Before I got this I was considering a Samung 19" TFT monitor with tuner that PC world have. http://www.pcworld.ie/productDetails.aspx?productRID=926&image=Monitors_
    I was going to hook up and old PC with a DVD player to this. Use it as media box of sorts. With 1440 x 900 WXGA+ Maximum Resolution
    DVI + Analogue I thought it might be ok. Looked a bit blurry in store though.

Advertisement