Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hmm, third level education... grant?!

Options
  • 13-07-2006 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Right, so it's about a month from acceptance/feck off time and i'm only now getting round to considering applying for a grant.

But a problem.. I'm resident in the North but planning to go to uni in Dub or Limerick...
    Who do ya think'll want to pay for me to do that?.. hmm..

Does anyone have any clue who does grants for a student of my sort?
    The student grant info i've read for the southern counties all says to contact your local county council.. but i really don't think Belfast City Council are the people to ask about this... Yes, i'm fairly sure they'd tell me to take myself away.

Well any advice would be appreciated..

or if your in a smart mood, why not send messages of derrision on the topic of how i should have been better organised and planned ahead...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Grant - as in student loan..

I far as am im aware - you should be able to get a student loan, for studing in the south... and get some of fees paid if eligibly

The "Fees" are alot cheaper in the south than the north (around €800 - £500).

Get in contact with the student loan company asap - some info here (you can apply online now for your loan)

good luck!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

I would contact the Belfast Education and Library Board if I were you. I'm not sure of the exact number to ring.

Advertisement