Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watching the Premiership in the US

• 14-07-2006 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭

I'm living in the US now and i'm looking to find out what channels show live or delayed Premiership games.
    I'm on the west coast so i more than likely wouldn't be getting up to watch the early live games, but i've got a DVR so i can record them easily enough.

I've got ESPN and ESPN2, i was able to get all the world cup games between the two of them and ABC.

I think i saw that Fox have a soccer channel, it's not in my current tv package but i can get it from my provider.

Cheers,

Killian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I would like to know this as well as Im currently over here on business for a while, I have what you mentioned and the coverage was great for the WC. I believe it is Fox Soccer Network that shows the English footie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Try setanta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

You need to have DirectTV to get Setanta.
    I'm with DishNetwork so i can't get Setanta.

Killian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It looks like you might have to buy one of those season ticket things for the soccer or pay-per-game. :(

If i upgrade my package with dishnetwork i can get Fox Soccer Channel.
    I just can't find a comprehesive list of what they'll be showing.

Anyone shed any light on what Fox Soccer Channel is like?

Killian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Fox Soccer Channel in the States is definitely the one to get, it shows most of the major European leagues and competitions, including live and delayed Premiership matches as well as FA Cup games.

Fox Soccer Channel features guide

ESPN is a given as well, they have the US CL rights, I'm nearly certain.

For any Canadian based forumers, Fox is not as good on the football front due to more channels fighting for the live football rights. Fox Sports Network Canada shares live Premiership rights with Rogers Sportsnet and The Score, if I recall correctly. TSN has live Champions League games as does Telelatino, but they only broadcast fixtures involving Italian teams. Telelatino also shows three live Serie A matches every weekend. GOL TV showed live UEFA Cup football last season, hopefully they'll do the same this time around.

Yeah I found that page after a bit of digging.
    It seems like the best option.

I might be able to just get that channel added or else i have to upgrade to the next package.
    Either way it'll be $10 a month or less.

Do you have any experience of the commentary on Fox?
    The ESPN commentators aren't the best.

Killian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

As far as I remember Fox used to have English commentators for the games, well Fox Canada did anyway when I lived their.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

the one or two games i've watched have been ruined by clueless commentary and analysis. i actually think i would know more about the game than some of the guys. maybe things have improved though.

Advertisement