Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting electrical appliances fixed

Options
  • 14-07-2006 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've just 'inherited'/'found' a really cool Dualit Vario toaster. It was in a bad state so I've cleaned it up.

Now it's short-circuiting. It looks robust enough, built to last, and to be fixed.

Anyone have any idea where I can get this thing checked out and fixed? It may be as simple as re-soldering some things or something.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I'd say it's fu<ked tbh. Check the mains wiring to make sure it's not short circuiting in the plug. If the element is gone internally (which i'd say it is) it's for the bin. I've never heard of a toaster element being fixed but perhaps if you find a stockist they might know oa repair person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

It's a Dualit toaster. They're industrial strength toasters. I checked it again and it's not shorting, but I need to check that all the elements are firing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

How do you know its the toaster thats the problem. Perhaps its the toast?
    DadaKopf, as a mod you should know better than this.
    ATTACK THE TOAST, NOT THE TOASTER.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Pighead wrote:

Brilliant!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Pighead wrote:

ROFLMAO..

In fact:

• Advertisement
Advertisement