Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crush my Peugeot please

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

cool, can't wait to see "the cube"

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Cool.. I threw him a few quid. Know what it's like to be in that situation (f**k Dell btw). Don't think he'll get to the £13,000 mark but at least he's helpin out Cancer Research at the same time.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Why didn't he just let his solicitors sue the dealer/manufacturer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Where would be the fun in that?

Anyway, he could still sue them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Fun? Poor man sounds demented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,410 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Poor chap with his POS of a car :(

If he gets to cube his car and dump it on the Peugeot dealer's forecourt and getting the media to record it - possibly for national television, it would be seriously bad news for Peugeot

I remember very well in the early 80s this guy with his crap Jaguar XJ, who towed it to the dealer's, and completely wrecked it with a sledge hammer. It wasn't filmed but pics were taken and made it into the local newspapers

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

what a chancer!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

unkel wrote:
    If he gets to cube his car and dump it on the Peugeot dealer's forecourt and getting the media to record it - possibly for national television, it would be seriously bad news for Peugeot
    It's already bad PR for Peugeot...a lot of people have heard about it at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lol, fair play to him for donating the money to charity.
    Nice looking car, this kind of thing seriously puts me off ever buying one though.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Virual Marketing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I've been saying it for years, modern Peugoets are one of the biggest heaps of scrap on the market along with Citroen,VW, Renault, Alfa Romeo and a few others. I can believe people still buy crap cars.

Longfield wrote:
    Lol, fair play to him for donating the money to charity.
    Nice looking car, this kind of thing seriously puts me off ever buying one though.

He's keeping enough money to buy a Corolla and donating the rest, very charitable of him alright

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

call it a donation to science.

we had a 205 years back and it was great, but they've just gone downhill since.

does reliability vary depending on country of origin????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

Eh any donations after 10 jan 2007 go to cancer research, all the rest goes to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

he's performing an experiment.... anything in excess of the cost of a new car goes to science. In fairness it's like a Pay Per View Levy, pay to see Peugeot humiliated or he does have a link directly to cancer research UK on the page

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

junkyard wrote:
    I've been saying it for years, modern Peugoets are one of the biggest heaps of scrap on the market along with Citroen,VW, Renault, Alfa Romeo and a few others. I can believe people still buy crap cars.

YAWN. Stuck record.

eoin_s wrote:
    YAWN. Stuck record.

Maybe so but some people still buy these heaps, if people were a bit more educated when it comes to cars they might realise that they can buy quality cars for the same money that don't break down, fall apart or depreciate so much.

I think we all know they're very bad cars, but the usually have very high spec, and that will sway people from base models of better built cars, and when the reg number on the car is of such importance, they will buy a new Peugeot over a 1 or 2 year old quality car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

junkyard wrote:

I really can't see how you can fit VW in that list. If VW are SOO bad do Skoda, Audi or even Seat not come close to VW ? If not, thats a load of bull.

Hj

I don't think VW are bad cars, just not nearly as well built as some people believe. Certainly not good enough to warrant the price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Yeah I'd settle at that. They are by far not the best built cars but by no means can you class them in the " Unreliable Sh!t " pile. Actually there would be alot more cars before VW that are unreliable. But yes they are over rated but good cars all the same.

Hj

HungryJoey wrote:
    I really can't see how you can fit VW in that list. If VW are SOO bad do Skoda, Audi or even Seat not come close to VW ? If not, thats a load of bull.

Hj

I could tell you some horror stories about VW if you like but some people just don't want to know. I'd say Audi is about the best of the bunch tbh, I wouldn't have any time for VW/Mercedes since they shafted their customers with inferior products over the last few years which they're trying to mop up the mess ever since. Some very loyal supporters to this marque have sworn they wouldn't take one if they got one for nothing, never mind the fleet car companies who wouldn't accept VWs anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,410 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

colm_mcm wrote:
    I don't think VW are bad cars, just not nearly as well built as some people believe. Certainly not good enough to warrant the price

Agree. And second hand prices of some VWs, in particular the Golf, are just plain silly

Advertisement