Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Gardaí, checkpoints and An Post.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,410 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Big Balls wrote:
    299 euro has left my bank account for the tax

Slightly off-topic, but why did you tax your brand new car for just 6 months? That's €60 more expensive per annum than paying per 12 months. Even if you have only €299 now and need to borrow the rest from the bank, that would cost you only a fraction of the €60

Sure we're all paying way more than we should for motoring in this country. Any savings should be embraced :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Big Balls wrote:
    I'll arrive home this evening now and the documents will be there (probably), my point which a lot of you seem to be missing is, 299 euro has left my bank account for the tax, Hibernian have my car covered, why should I be treated like I've done something wrong???

AFAIK, it's an offence to drive a car without valid tax & insurance discs. You were, therefore, doing something wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Anan1 wrote:
    AFAIK, it's an offence to drive a car without valid tax & insurance discs. You were, therefore, doing something wrong.

Right well Anan, you better go and take every single new car in the country off the road so cause that's what everyone does.

It's not realistic to have discs on new cars straight away and like I said, it's An Post's fault, not mine. I've paid for the things.

Unkel, I'm not sure if I'll have the car for 12 months so I just take the gamble. I was caught out only 2 weeks ago paying for 3 months tax on my last car only for the new one to pop up early - waste of 152 quid! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Big Balls wrote:
    Right well Anan, you better go and take every single new car in the country off the road so cause that's what everyone does.

It's not realistic to have discs on new cars straight away and like I said, it's An Post's fault, not mine. I've paid for the things.

Whether or not you approve of the law is hardly relevant. The fact is that you were breaking it. You asked why you were treated like you've done something wrong, and I'm telling you.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,410 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Big Balls wrote:
    Unkel, I'm not sure if I'll have the car for 12 month

Fair enough so. But you might not even keep a brand new car for 1 year? :eek: Suppose the '07 regs are just around the corner :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement