Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Juve Relegated

• 14-07-2006 10:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

'Juve Relegated To Serie B'
    According to reports emerging from Italy, Juventus have been relegated to Serie B with a 15-points deduction for their part in the match-fixing scandal. Lazio and Fiorentina will also be relegated, while AC Milan will stay in Serie A but thrown out of the CL

Camorenesi to the 'pool....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Any links?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Source?? I believe the decision isn't been announced until this evening??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

thewing wrote:
    Camorenesi to the 'pool....
    No thanks! Would sooner take Zambrotta and play him in his original RW position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Sorry, in the excitement I forgot

www.football365.com

Trezeguet wouldn't be bad either...Paddy Viera?Let the sales begin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Thought this wasn't been annouced till this evening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Corriere della Sport in Italy has it in their paper this morning. BBC Radio Five Live is going with this now also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Damn, I was hoping for Serie C for Juventus and the rest all in Serie B. With a 15 point deduction and probably half their team being sold, do you reckon Juve will bounce straight back up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

ehhhh I really wouldnt want anyone except for Kaka or Inzaghi.

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Juventus will be demoted to Serie B, with a deduction of fifteen points, for their part in the match-fixing scandal that has rocked Italy, according to reports.

Fiorentina and Lazio are also set to be demoted when the official verdict from the trial is announced later today.

While reports in the Italian press claim that AC Milan will not suffer a similar fate, they will be chucked out of the Champions League – as will both Juve and Fiorentina.

It remains unclear which club will be adjudged to have 'won' Serie A last season. Juve will be stripped of the championship, but it is inconceivable that it would then be handed to the tainted Milan instead. City rivals Inter Milan, who finished third, may yet be handed their first title since 1989.

Although Juve have publicly vowed not to sell their star players in the event of relegation, demotion to Serie B is expected to cost the club £50m in lost revenue and could prompt the Turin giants to sell as many as seven first-team players.

15 points down and in Seria B, still though, the level difference is emmense, they will easily make it back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Emmo wrote:
    ehhhh I really wouldnt want anyone except for Kaka or Inzaghi.

Emmo

Why would you want Inzaghi? He sucks.

• Advertisement

For anyone who can listen to 5Live, they will be talking to a journalist with Corriere della Sport within the next hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Milan must have been a very small part of the investigation if they are the only club not to be sent down. Also Glad to see that the supposed amnesty didnt happen.

Juve will have a tough time getting straight back up if they are docked 15 points. Regardless of what they say they will lose a lot of 1st team players. And the revenue they will lose, not only from Serie A but from Europe aswell should have a huge impact too. All in all a fair result for them - if you cheat and get caught you gotta pay the price

Shamrok wrote:
    For anyone who can listen to 5Live, they will be talking to a journalist with Corriere della Sport within the next hour.
    On now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Sky Sports News are saying that it wont be announced till 6pm now. Was going to be 4pm but then changed it so the Italian stock exchange would be closed. Certainly seems like it is going to be very bad news for some.

Palermo to take Milan's place in CL. Juve very happy with the judgement apparently. Fillipo Ricci was the journalist speaking.

Shamrok wrote:
    Palermo to take Milan's place in CL. Juve very happy with the judgement apparently. Fillipo Ricci was the journalist speaking.

Of course they are - Serie C they might never have recovered from but Serie B, well it'll only be 2 years max before they are back in the top flight

yom 1 wrote:
    Of course they are - Serie C they might never have recovered from but Serie B, well it'll only be 2 years max before they are back in the top flight
    It's what their lawyer asked for as a fair judgement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Shamrok wrote:

Did Inter Milan not finish 3rd ? Why wouldn't they get it instead ?

ciaran76 wrote:
    Did Inter Milan not finish 3rd ? Why wouldn't they get it instead ?
    When I said take 'their place', I meant fill the void left by Milan, so Italy still have their full quota of teams. Palermo had only qualified for UEFA Cup so now they'll get into CL — albeit only in the Third Qualifying Round. I imagine Inter will get any direct qualification privileges Milan had earned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Thanks for that. Cleared it up for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

The penalties have not been announced yet. It may very well be that what was leaked this morning will come to pass, but nothing is official at this point. There will now be some arbitration and debate before the judgements are handed down at 19:00 CET.

http://www.gazzetta.it/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

thewing wrote:
    'Juve Relegated To Serie B'
    According to reports emerging from Italy, Juventus have been relegated to Serie B with a 15-points deduction for their part in the match-fixing scandal. Lazio and Fiorentina will also be relegated, while AC Milan will stay in Serie A but thrown out of the CL
    Can't see Lazio and Fiorentina being happy with that cue legal actions, objections etc and possible delay to the start of the season could get very messy. I wonder did Eurosport get a long term deal on televising Serie B if they did they are gonna get great value for it, also tough on the other serie B sides who will find it very difficult to get promotion next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Imagine, Serie B with only two automatic promotions

Juve
    Lazio
    Fiorentina
    Bologna
    Torino (or did they win promotion)
    Genoa

compared with Serie A

Milan
    Inter
    Roma

I know which I'd want to see

Shamrok wrote:
    When I said take 'their place', I meant fill the void left by Milan, so Italy still have their full quota of teams. Palermo had only qualified for UEFA Cup so now they'll get into CL — albeit only in the Third Qualifying Round. I imagine Inter will get any direct qualification privileges Milan had earned.
    Also Inter are rumoured to receive the League Title, as Juve will be stripped of it and AC can't be handed it.

bit of a bummer to win the league in that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

sprinkles wrote:
    Also Inter are rumoured to receive the League Title, as Juve will be stripped of it and AC can't be handed it.

True but there is some good to come out of all of this. A friend recently visiting Turin brought me a Juve mug with "28 Campioni D'Italia" on it. Juve winning the title in May bought that total to 29 and meant that my mug had already become innaccurate. If they are stripped of the title my mug is good for another 3 years I reckon.

Pigman II wrote:
    True but there is some good to come out of all of this. A friend recently visiting Turin brought me a Juve mug with "28 Campioni D'Italia" on it. Juve winning the title in May bought that total to 29 and meant that my mug had already become innaccurate. If they are stripped of the title my mug is good for another 3 years I reckon.

oh well then everything worked out for the best:D

Pigman II wrote:
    Isn't it great that they thought of the fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

As a Juventus fan I believe what is happening is going to be a positive for Juventus football club.

Capellos gone, Deschamps has replaced him, we now have young eager players and players who genuinely love the club staying with us [Del Piero, Cannavaro] and a great manager who doesn't play cautious, boring football to be honest the one thing I noticed with Juventus for the last two years [since Capello took over] was that the club played with no heart or passion, this should change now, with players like Ibrahimovic and Vieira going

as weird as it sounds, the future looks good for Juventus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

By my reckoning it should be Inter, Roma, Chievo and Palermo in the champions league next year. Livorno/Parma/Empoli in the UEFA cup.

Pigman II wrote:
    So it was you that starter the wholw thing:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Perhaops one of the reasons that they did not need to play with heart and passion was that they kne w what the result was going to be before the game. I have no time for cheats and I hope that they never recover from this. If they have to sell players and start at -15 points I do not see them going straight back up. The standard of football may be lower in Serie B but so will the standard of reffing and injusries will take their toll on the Juve Prima Donnas that are left. How long do you think they will all stick around without a sniff of european football ?? Not long I'd expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

It'll be no walk in the park for them in Serie B.

How many of their 'stars' are really going to stick around?

on top of this, every team in serie b is going to want to have a go at them. I've no doubt they'll be frustrated by many a team over the course of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

Perhaops one of the reasons that they did not need to play with heart and passion was that they kne w what the result was going to be before the game. I have no time for cheats and I hope that they never recover from this. If they have to sell players and start at -15 points I do not see them going straight back up. The standard of football may be lower in Serie B but so will the standard of reffing and injusries will take their toll on the Juve Prima Donnas that are left. How long do you think they will all stick around without a sniff of european football ?? Not long I'd expect.

The players knew nothing actually, this all about requesting certain referees they still had to play and for the record the only players to pledge their allegiance to the club are Cannavaro and Del Piero

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Wigertoods

Do channel 4 still show serie A matches live.
    maybe they'll change over to Serie B next season.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

channel 4 haven't shown italian football in years. its now on bravo who show both serie a and b with the classic ch4 team of brackley, gary bloom, paul elliot and the legend that is jamesie.

Being a Milan fan myself I'm delighted if Juve go down. I've been watching some of their games for years and it has been so blatantly obvious that they have been favoured by refs. As James Richardson says quite often on Bravo "it was about as dodgy as a juve penalty"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

iregk wrote:
    . I've been watching some of their games for years and it has been so blatantly obvious that they have been favoured by refs. As James Richardson says quite often on Bravo "it was about as dodgy as a juve penalty"

Same can be said about Milan.

People also say the Milan vice president Gillani (sp) has undue influence because of his postion in the league and with Milan.

Milan should go down with the rest of them if they are involved in any way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

ABU365 is just guessing, no official decision has been announced.

To repeat

Juve are not yet relegated

We'll know at 6pm tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

sprinkles wrote:
    A league win is a league win.

Fans of other teams will just have to get used to it.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

F365 is taking the story from italian newspapers - 5 live are running with it also...they are relegated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i dont know why people are tlaking about some massive clear out at juve, even if the they are relegated the players are still contracted to them, they dont have to sell anyone.

if they're smart they'll loan out the best players for a year or 2, with the players returning on the condition they get promoted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Anam

el rabitos wrote:
    i dont know why people are tlaking about some massive clear out at juve, even if the they are relegated the players are still contracted to them, they dont have to sell anyone.

if they're smart they'll loan out the best players for a year or 2, with the players returning on the condition they get promoted
    A lot of Juventus' best players are approaching or past 30 ,a 2 year loan is no good for either party tbh.I think Zambrotta and Vieira will go but maybe not Nedved or Cannavaro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

ianmc38 wrote:
    Why would you want Inzaghi? He sucks.

How can u say that a player who has played for Italy's biggest clubs for a decade now and has consistently found the net in one of the toughest leagues in the world as well as the CL and international level sucks? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Speculation FM or what? I'll just say there'll proberly be some sort of cop-out.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

kearnsr wrote:
    Milan should go down with the rest of them if they are involved in any way.

I agree with you completely however if they stay up its obviously because they are innocent or are we going to get into a well we all know regardless of the outcome!

And for that chap who said Inzaghi is woeful would you please check that you have watched football to some degree. He has consistently scored goals all his career and is one of the all time scorers of european football. Not bad for a terrible player!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I take it Roma get Fiorentina's CL place then?

This could be a load of dogs though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

"How can u say that a player who has played for Italy's biggest clubs for a decade now and has consistently found the net in one of the toughest leagues in the world as well as the CL and international level sucks?"

Oddly enough, everyone in Italy thinks he sucks as well. I can't quite explain it as he's done so well for them over the years but he's one of those useless goalscorers.

I remember Robbie Keane when he broke the record against Faroe islands. On the way out there was two elderly dubs I overheard saying
    "Robbie Keane.....go the **** back to Tallaght would ye"

The same kind of sentiment surrounds Inzaghi as well. He's just not a player everyone warms to. Loses the ball a lot but scores a lot as well.

if this is unfair to him then he's got a nice medal to help him get over it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

gosplan wrote:
    "How can u say that a player who has played for Italy's biggest clubs for a decade now and has consistently found the net in one of the toughest leagues in the world as well as the CL and international level sucks?"

Oddly enough, everyone in Italy thinks he sucks as well. I can't quite explain it as he's done so well for them over the years but he's one of those useless goalscorers.

I remember Robbie Keane when he broke the record against Faroe islands. On the way out there was two elderly dubs I overheard saying
    "Robbie Keane.....go the **** back to Tallaght would ye"

The same kind of sentiment surrounds Inzaghi as well. He's just not a player everyone warms to. Loses the ball a lot but scores a lot as well.

If everyone in Italy hates him so much why were they all asking for lippi to start him in the quater and semi final matches instead of Toni?
    He made the squad for the world cup because of media pressure that came from polls conducted by the major papaer which said that the majority of people wanted him in Germany.

He is loved by Juve and Milan fans because of the ammount of goals he scores.

He is anything but a ****e striker, he scores silly ammounts of goals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭Bacchus

What exactly defines a "silly amount of goals"?? For a top striker it could be 1 or 2 per season, that'd be silly or it could be the other end of the spectrum with something like 23493 goals per season....... yes, I'm in a silly mood today.

gosplan wrote:
    And a nice missus(other thread), house(s), car(s), bucket loads of cash I'm sure he couldn't give a toss what people think of him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement