Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Juve Relegated

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

iregk wrote:

I agree with you completely however if they stay up its obviously because they are innocent or are we going to get into a well we all know regardless of the outcome!

I'm not so sure about there. Milan have a lot of influnce in the league. How much we'll never really know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The latest says 8 pm (Italy time) statement.

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

kearnsr wrote:
    I'm not so sure about there. Milan have a lot of influnce in the league. How much we'll never really know

Milan aren't being demoted because of "lack of evidence".
    That kind of says it all, if there is a lack of evidence why are they being punished at all? because some crazy proscutor is on some mission thats why.

If milan are not demoted because of "lack of evidence" I fail to see how they can leagly be punished at all, or how the league can strip them of thier champions league place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

perhaps there's enough evidence to strip them of their cl place then?

astrofool wrote:
    perhaps there's enough evidence to strip them of their cl place then?

But I fail to see how there can be enough evidence to prove they are guilty of breaking the rules but not enough to punish them fully... it's either a or b, not c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Seaneh wrote:
    But I fail to see how there can be enough evidence to prove they are guilty of breaking the rules but not enough to punish them fully... it's either a or b, not c.

Milan arent under the same charges as the other teams. The other teams are accused of fixing referees for scertain matches...milan are just on some " bringing the game into disrepute charge" or something. A much milder charge than the other 3 teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Nothing has been announced yet!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Here's hoping. I got Juve at 6-1 back at the end of May to be relegated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

"If everyone in Italy hates him so much why were they all asking for lippi to start him in the quater and semi final matches instead of Toni?
    He made the squad for the world cup because of media pressure that came from polls conducted by the major papaer which said that the majority of people wanted him in Germany.

He is loved by Juve and Milan fans because of the ammount of goals he scores."

I don't want to get into anything here but I've no idea where you got that from. I know an awful lot of Italian football fans and through the world cup a lot of suggestions were made as regards team formation but no-one said drop Toni for Inzaghi.
    Start him in the semis?? After Toni scored a double against Ukraine????

He made the squad because of an injury to Vieri, not just media pressure and polls based on his talents.

I'm not getting at the lad, he's scored a lot of goals in his career. Perhaps the Italian feeling about him stems from his underperforming in major tournaments?

• Advertisement

Holy ****, Juve relegated to Serie B, with 30 points deducted. It's three years until CL football.

AC Milan stay in Serie A, deducted 15 points

The other two clubs to Serie B, with 7 points handicap

---

Milan get away with it! Milan survived due to little evidence and low quality of evidence.
    Juve, Florentina, Lazio to lose all their players!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

news just in. Juve down to be with a 30 point deduction. :rolleyes:

why not just stick them in Seire C with no point deduction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

juve, lazio, and fioro are officially gonners :D milan stay in serie a

whats the story now with the 2 previous league titles? milans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Milan won't be thrown out of the champions league next year then?

No, Milan have lost CL and have a 15 points deduction.

Juve have lost the title, and Milan can't get it.

If it is transferred, it will go to Inter.

---

Inter will win the title next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

justice has been done imo. the cl is going to be dominated by the english and spanish teams next year for definite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I'm just happy that Italy winning the world cup hasn't softened the penalties!

I think any of the players that were undecided about whether to stay or go will probably see "30 point deduction" and pack their bags.

Yeh, a real chance for Real/Barca/Chelsea/United/Liverpool/Arsenal/Inter to lift the cup.

Two top teams elimated is huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Great day for football I got to say. Surprised at the -30 points ordeal. ARe Milan and co banned from European competitions for the next 3 years also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

What happens to the 2005 and 2006 Serie A titles now?

• Advertisement

i'd drop inter/real/united from that list probably arsenal as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Anyone got a link for the "official" story on this?

It's official:

Gazzetta say:

Juventus are in B with a 30 point reduction which is pretty cxlose to putting them in C. They'll find it very hard to come back up straight away so they'll also find it hard to hang on to any good players. They also get last years title removed but I doubt they care.

Milan lose 15 points and the champions league place. They'll probably keep their squad though.

Fiorentina are demoted to B with 12 points. Kind of funny given that they just scraped back into seria A and champions league having been relegated to C a few years back.

Lazio go to B with 7 points deducted.

There is a possibility of appeal but the court has said that if this doesn't happen in time for the new season(which it very well may not) then the decision stands.

Well, aside from getting into an argument about the English teams,
    Real Madrid have a new manager and a transfer budget of 70 million.
    Inter have a ****load of money, and have pretty much first dibs on every single Italian player.

i'd drop inter/real/united from that list probably arsenal as well

:rolleyes: Liverpool fan?

So are AC banished from CL for 3 years also, or just the 1?

fair enough, didnt realise madrid had a budget of 70m but i'll believe inter when i see them

They'll probably keep their squad though.

Will Milan kept all of their squad?
    It's a year without a title chance and CL football for them.
    15 points is a pretty big, they'll have to get title winning points (about 90) to get into the CL, so it could easily be two seasons without the CL.

I think they could lose quite a bit of their squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

F**kin Juve, bunch of cheating bastards.

I was really lookin forward to seeing fiorentina in the champions league, we deserved it. Now a team with great potential and a brilliant manager will be dessimated because of those a**holes!

The Viola will return!

PHB wrote:
    Well, aside from getting into an argument about the English teams,
    Real Madrid have a new manager and a transfer budget of 70 million.
    Inter have a ****load of money, and have pretty much first dibs on every single Italian player.

inter are perenial eejits, they'll find a way to not take advantage and be pipped to the post by palermo or something for the league.

this is an ideal chance for milan as a city to dominate italian football for a long time

PHB wrote:
    15 points is a pretty big, they'll have to get title winning points (about 90) to get into the CL, so it could easily be two seasons without the CL.

yeah I can see Kaka, Dida and maybe Pirlo moving. Its really hard to tell at this stage. All that can be said now is that it will be an interesting summer, and hopefully the premiership will gain from it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭bbbbb

Good to see they held tough, none of this "Roman times, honouring those who bought glory" crap.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/5164194.stm
    http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Altro_Calcio/Primo_Piano/2006/07_Luglio/14/verdetti.shtml

Italian is a bit rusty, but the gazzetta story also says:
    - Juventus last place in 2004-5 season & revocation of title
    - 2005-6 title not assigned. (doesn't say who gets the title for 2004-5?)
    - Milan 44 points penalty for last season => no champions league
    - list of presidents, vice presidents, linesmen (GUARDALINEE) & referees(ARBITRI) with varying penalties.
    - appeals to be decided by 25th July, in time for UEFA

[Edit] Fan of the rosso-neri, so not delighted with this, but think it's fair. Before my time but I believe Milan were involved in a scandal back in the early eighties and relegated then. You'd think they'd have learned their lesson?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

PHB wrote:

They finished 14 points ahead of Fiorentina last season. This season league will be even easier. They will easily make 3rd or at least 4th place.

Roma have a great chance of the league aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

Im totally shocked:eek: and can't believe the punishment that has being give to each club. I honestly say i was not expecting this thought the clubs would be fined and points be deducted for the forth coming season.

The papers are rubbing there hands together, there going to have a field day and there will be loads of rumours now, which i hate and love reading at the same time. I dont think Vieria will be back to england, probably go to Real along with Cannavaro, Zambortta.

Its going to be very interesting in the next few weeks. AC Milan i expect will keep all there players, they will have the league rapped up before x-mas. I can't see juve being back in Serie A for at least 2yrs

Lads to be honest, Fiorentina and Lazio will keep the bulk of thier squads, Juve will keep thier older players and just recall players from loan to blug the gaps, they about 15 players from serie a starting teams anyway... I'd expect a lazio one two in b next season, and I'd expect Juve to be top 5 even with the deduction, espically if they can keep nedved, del piero, zalayeta, blasi and so on, as has been reported.

I could see Milan bidding for Canna and zambrotta now.

This is the only chance for a team to sign the best keeper in the world for less than 20million so I'd love to see who Buffon goes to.

Poor mutu just moved to fiorentina for 8million yoyos, what now? season in B?

Lazio will lose Oddo and probably Simone inzaghi aswell but the rest of thier squad is nothing to go mad about, except maybe Pandev....

Milan won't lose anyone to be honest, it's only one year out of CL and with Kaka, Prilo, Gattauso and Gilardino all saying they would stay even in serie B i cant see anything changing that.

Anyone got any idea of the finances behind this. I've heard figures thrown around like Juve lose 50 million per year outside Seria A etc.

any idea how much they make anyway?

They've a rich family behind them but they're no Abramovich's.

I think there's a chance you might see serious purse tightening at juve.

gosplan wrote:
    Anyone got any idea of the finances behind this. I've heard figures thrown around like Juve lose 50 million per year outside Seria A etc.

any idea how much they make anyway?

They've a rich family behind them but they're no Abramovich's.

I think there's a chance you might see serious purse tightening at juve.

They have the highest income in the world when it comes to merch sales, thier TV deals are amazingly high.
    they will be ok, just cut wages for a few players, sell a few players, probably go back up and challenge within 3-4 years.

Originally Posted by Pigman II:
    True but there is some good to come out of all of this. A friend recently visiting Turin brought me a Juve mug with "28 Campioni D'Italia" on it. Juve winning the title in May bought that total to 29 and meant that my mug had already become innaccurate. If they are stripped of the title my mug is good for another 3 years I reckon.

Hey Pigman, even weirder is that Juve have only one 27 titles now as the 04/05 one was taken as well.
    You can put the mug in storage for 4 or 5 years or so till they get back to winning ways.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

I can't see them coming straight back up. A lot of players are only saying they will stay now to look honourable. Give it a few weeks and the idea of playing the likes of Como won't look too palatable. The new Juve coach will have to rebuild the entire team, overcome a 30 point deficit not to mention boost what must surely be shattered morale.

They have the highest income in the world when it comes to merch sales

Which will plummet after they are no longer in Europe.
    thier TV deals are amazingly high.

That's because its an individual deal. Now they will feel the force of not having a collective deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Cannavaro stated that he would stay (before the "sentencing") and his loyalty is refreshing, but I think it would be such a shame for him to be playing in serie B for 2 seasons at his age especially.

This is what I'm thinking,

Juve are now on a Seria B wage packet for two years, they've no champions leauge and they couldn't fill their stadium even when they were top of the league and in the knockout CL stages.

Now that they're down I doubt many at all will go to their home matches.

I've no doubt they'll be back but it's not going to be the cakewalk people are predicting. They'll sell most and loan some but realistically they have to tell their players that it'll be 4 years before the champions leauge its back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

So when these 3 clubs go down dose that mean they'll have to extend Serie B to 23 teams or will the teams who got relegated from Serie A last season stay up or what will happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

tdv wrote:
    So when these 3 clubs go down dose that mean they'll have to extend Serie B to 23 teams or will the teams who got relegated from Serie A last season stay up or what will happen?
    Just what I was thinking, did 3 more teams get promoted to Serie A?

No surprise with the relegation, big surprise with the -30 though. Can't see them getting back after one season. The transfer market is about to get very interesting.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

There may be a massive drop in attendances at the Delle Alpi and the plans to reduce the stadium's capacity may have to be revised again, to bring it down to treble figures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,512 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

WAs reading Paddy Agnews book, and he had all figures in there and it said they got somewhere around €60 million for TV rights while teams like Reggiana got around €10 million. In Serie B, they wont get on television much and they will lose loads cos they wont be able to afford the wages for players. Let the fun and games begin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Wow, what a day in the history of football.

Cant imagine what its like to be a supporter of these teams right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

F**kin Juve, bunch of cheating bastards.

I was really lookin forward to seeing fiorentina in the champions league, we deserved it. Now a team with great potential and a brilliant manager will be dessimated because of those a**holes!

The Viola will return!
    Banned for a week, if you cannot express youself without swearing and abusiveness then this is not the place for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I'd love to hear the language you'd use if it was your team!

Delighted Milan avoided the drop. Barring any mass exodus, they should be the dominant team for a good few years from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭GadgetFiend

does anyone have an updated version of the serie a table from last year then?

post verdict

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Right, that's the fans punished. What happens to the criminals now? If I knew that Peter Lawwell (Cheif Exex of Celtic) was guilty of getting certain refs assigned to matches I'd want him bloody punished, not the fans. Relegating Juve is not punishing Moggi and his cronies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement