Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadbury's Salmonella Recall

Options
  • 14-07-2006 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭

Due to the recent recall by Cadbury's - I sent back one of the 250g Turkish Delight bars. (The missus made me despite my protests that we'd get way more compo by eating it & contracting salmonella. :D )

Anyway, fair dues to Cadbury's - on Wednesday they sent us stamps to the value of what it cost us to post the bar & today we received a box of Milk Tray & a couple of 100g bars of choccy. [Image of elderly postie with dodgy hip dressed in black with balaclava parachuting into driveway.]

Anyone else received anything yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

didn't hear about this what bars was it on??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The products recalled are:
    Cadbury Dairy Milk Turkish 250g
    Cadbury Dairy Milk Caramel 250g
    Cadbury Dairy Milk Mint 250g
    Cadbury Dairy Milk 8 Chunk
    Cadbury Dairy Milk 1kg
    Cadbury Dairy Milk Button Easter Egg-105g
    Cadbury Freddo 10p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Hill Billy wrote:
    Due to the recent recall by Cadbury's - I sent back one of the 250g Turkish Delight bars. (The missus made me despite my protests that we'd get way more compo by eating it & contracting salmonella. :D )

Isn't their a case on at the moment regarding a women thats sueing them for exactly what you've just suggested.

ah here's the story in question http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/west_midlands/5164586.stm

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I was under the impression that only one or two products were recalled in Ireland,but I could be wrong.

I doubt that that woman will be successful as it is pretty much impossible to prove that she contracted salmonella from one of their bars.

As for the products recalled in Ireland - all of the above with the exception of the 10p Freddo's are on sale here. (You can get them in N Ireland though.)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Hill Billy wrote:
    As for the products recalled in Ireland - all of the above with the exception of the 10p Freddo's are on sale here. (You can get them in N Ireland though.)

While their not 10p, Freddo's are for sale in Ireland

Cabaal wrote:
    While their not 10p, Freddo's are for sale in Ireland

According to the Cadbury recall notice - it was specifically the Freddo's with "10p" printed on the wrapper. They're not for sale in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Hill Billy wrote:
    [Image of elderly postie with dodgy hip dressed in black with balaclava parachuting into driveway.]

lol - what an image!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Hill Billy wrote:
    The products recalled are:

Cadbury Dairy Milk Button Easter Egg-105g

how many people still have their easter eggs?!

no wonder they didn't announce it at the time it actually happened, it would have crippled their easter sales.

Between boycotting Mars because of their "believe" campaign [no, i didn't want to believe in an English World Cup victory]. Nestle because of unethically selling baby milk to African countries [there was a recent report on this long-running scandal]. And, Cadbury's because of the salmonella thing.

... I'd say obesity in the country has dropped dramatically over the last few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭jaybird

Hill Billy wrote:
    I doubt that that woman will be successful as it is pretty much impossible to prove that she contracted salmonella from one of their bars.

Actually, it was apparently a very rare strain of salmonella that she contracted.. the very same rare strain that was found in the Cadburys bars ...I'm thinking she'll get some moolah out of them !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

This is from the Food Safety Authority of Ireland website.

The FSAI has been informed of a trade recall initiated by Cadbury Ireland. The implicated products are being recalled as some may be contaminated with Salmonella Montevideo , which would make them unfit for human consumption.

The products being recalled from sale in Ireland are all batches of:

Cadbury Dairy Milk Turkish 250g
    Cadbury Dairy Milk Caramel 250g
    No other Cadbury products on the Irish market are affected.

However, additional products in the UK have been affected. They are:

Cadbury Dairy Milk Mint 250g
    Cadbury Dairy Milk 8 chunk
    Cadbury Dairy Milk 1kg
    Cadbury Dairy Milk Button Easter Egg 105g
    Cadbury Freddo 10p

http://www.fsai.ie/cadbury_recall.asp

Advertisement