Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Here's a funny one ...

• 14-07-2006 11:13am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have an install of windows XP on a machine here.

I'm using it to develop and test an application I am writing.
    I modified the policies on the computer to disable "Log Off", "Task Manager", "Lock Computer" and "Change Password" when you press CTRL+ALT+DEL.

The computer boots and logs on as user "Developer" by default with no password required. I have also modified the registry so that a java program runs instead of the usual explorer.exe. I've pretty much just locked myself out of the whole system, I can't see any way to log in as administrator. I can't get task manager up to run processes. I finally got regedit to run under safe mode but I'm still logged in as developer who has limited priviliges and can't modify the registry!

Basically what I'm asking is this - How do I log on as administrator when the computer is set to log on as someone else by default?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

illegal as it is u can get a win nt password blanker

not condoning it just saying its available is all

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

jcoote wrote:
    illegal as it is u can get a win nt password blanker

not condoning it just saying its available is all

That's all well and good but the admin account doesn't actually have a password on it I just have no way of saying I want to log in as administrator if you get me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

If you want to bypass the automatic logon to log on as a different user, hold down the SHIFT key after you log off or after Windows XP restarts.

From here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Exactly what I was looking for, cheers!

Advertisement