Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattoo dublin

Options
  • 14-07-2006 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi all im new to the forum im looking to get a big piece done a tiger and dragon one on each upper arm and shoulder i want a lot of colour and detail i heard of a guy called Dwayne that works for Bren Heart(gardener st.) was good anyone know his work ? or can anyone recomend someone else i was looking at miami ink and thought the tigers Chris Garver done were the business would love to get something of that quality done i live in Dublin by the way

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Hi domonick,

Your looking at Chris Garver's work, very good tattoo's. Well if you want a tattoo with good detail I think you will have to travel. Have a look at the artists coming to the london tattoo convention.

http://www.thelondontattooconvention.com/link.html

A bit of advice is to take your time, save up some money and pick your artist. Then you will get the tattoo you really want. Happy searching. Let me know how you get on :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭domonick

is it possible to get tattoos done at these conventions ? i think i might take a trip over to london for it anyway it looks good .i have a tat of a panther on my forearm i would like to covered too

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

domonick wrote:
    is it possible to get tattoos done at these conventions ? i think i might take a trip over to london for it anyway it looks good .i have a tat of a panther on my forearm i would like to covered too

Sorry for the late reply. Yes you can. Email some of the guys with the ideas you have and arrange a visit. Well worth spending the extra :-)

thanks for getting back to me ,i was looking at a guy called mantas from brighton im goin to email him i let you know how i get on thanks again

is it the done thing for people to travel abroad to get tattoos done i mentioned it to a few mates they thought i was having a laugh ,personaly i think it well worth the doing especially if you want want a big job ,any opinions ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I think it is worth tracvelling if you can afford it, **** I'd love to go to Japan and get some work done by hiroyishi, but it aint gonna happen so I'll remain happy with staying here and not getting Japanese work done. :)

i was looking at www.yellowblaze.net amazing stuff ,just say you went to japan for a week would that be enough time for one of those guys to do a slieve full colour and are they much more expensive than here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

domonick wrote:
    i was looking at www.yellowblaze.net amazing stuff ,just say you went to japan for a week would that be enough time for one of those guys to do a slieve full colour and are they much more expensive than here

Email them and find out, I'm sure it could do no harm, if you were willing to sit for the best part of a week then they could pull off a sleeve alright. I like the idea of the traditional hand stuck work, I'm not sure that they would want to do it in one session, but I'm not sure, cos I know I've seen backpieces done in long sessions with good coverage when someone had the cash.
    I'd expect to pay a lot for a full sleeve of the standard of what you're looking at on that site, again though I haven't researched it, but have heard that the work can be expensive. The Japanese train a sushi chef to cook rice for ten years so I cant even think how long their appreticeships are, and with all the Yakuza work they do, I'd think it's something you'd want to check into well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Just so you know there's only one guy in yellowblaze and he doesn't do traditional hand poked stuff. But he's an amazing artist.

You could fit a sleeve in, in a week if you had A the cash and B the pain tolerance.

thanks for the advice lads i've been around the shops in dublin some really good artists but after looking at whats available abroad i think i'll do a little bit more saving and take a trip,i thought that guy on dorset st. pluto was ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭wahlrab

i that it would vary wildly depending upon artist but roughly how much does a full slieve cost, i alao realise type of tattoo would be an issue i'm just interested in rough estimates

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

About 2k for a well done full sleeve maybe more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 keelzer

mantas was at the dublin convenrion last year or possibly it was the year before!! but anyway...his work was amazing!

and as for travelling abroad...if you find sumones work that you like and can afford to travel go for it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TravelGirl

Hey guys I'm new.Just wondering if anyone can recommend any good artists in south america(brazil,argentina,chile) or eastern australia?im headin off travelling and i wana get some more tatts when im abroad.I'm currently livin in Cork where iv had excellent tattoos and piercings in Tattoo Zoo,if anyones interested :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Master-Decoy

lol pretty old thread! ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 noelyk19

hey im new 2 this so i duno wat im doin . im gettin me 1st tattoo 2mara n duno were 2 go any adviive ?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

noelyk19 wrote: »
    hey im new 2 this so i duno wat im doin . im gettin me 1st tattoo 2mara n duno were 2 go any adviive ?:)

It's not a very good idea to get a tattoo without a bit of advance planning - it may be annoying to wait, but it's better than rushing head into a bad tattoo. My advice would be: wait a few weeks, check out some shops for cleanliness and talent. Find an artist you would be happy to let permanently mark you. Don't blindly follow the advice of strangers on a message board. Read the stickies on this forum, you'll get an idea of who's good from them, but the style of tattoo you're getting will make a big difference as to who would be best to do it.

Good luck!

hey well tnks tats advice tat would help me alot iv wanted a tattoo 4 ages now n i finally have the money but i do feel im rushing into it tats y i joined this cas i wanted advice from people ta has tattoos nso they cud lead me 2 a place tats clean n proffesional any advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

what style of tattoo do you want? give us something to work with

i have my eye on a panther for my shoulder blade or a tribal design on my arm:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭desiredbard

Hi all

Looking for reviews on tattoo artists in Dub
    Finally getting mine done after 10 years of deliberation, greyscale and a fair bit of detail

Now I have been looking around and found a few I like, and I did not like

With a brief description on how I formed my opinion

If anyone knows of any other good artists or thinks I’m not informed enough on an artist please let me know ;)

Snakebite, Middle Abby Street
    - Love Denises work
    Celestial Ring, St. Stevens Green Centre
    - remi does nice work
    don’t like jani and waltiki (detail wise)

http://www.remistattoo.com/gallery/Tattoo/Black+and+grey/

Zulu Tattoo, Temple Bar, D2
    - don’t really like the artwork I see on the page, to hard and little detail
    Classic Ink, Temple Bar, D2
    - Face book site does not make enough money to host a site
    Sacred Art, Fownes Street
    - No website found no judgement made
    Wild Eagle Tattoo, Talbot Street
    - No website found no judgement made

Again any personal experiences good and or bad welcome.
    Dont slag the artist i understand that opinions are personal and each to their own.
    But maybe ppl here have diff experiences or work by these ppl that would help me change / make my mind up.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

What are you planning on getting done exactly? I'm guessing portrait/realistic stuff. Jani, Remis and Justin Russell would be my recomendations for portrait/realistic stuff or Joe Myler in Waterford. Personally I'm midway through a black & grey portrait sleeve with Jani and I'm very happy with it, he just did a portrait of my father that's identical to the photograph I brought in. Anyways the two you like Denise and Remis should do a great job of most things. Classic Ink have a myspace btw (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=36733376) but I don't think they have anyone that would suit what you want, they do excellent oldskool stuff though.

xtruthx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 garrydolan

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

lol pretty old thread! ^^

You can say that again!

Except you've probably moved on in the past two years . . . .

Advertisement