Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which CD Decks?

• 14-07-2006 12:09pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I want to buy some CD Decks, need a recommenation. Ideally I'd get the Pioneer CDJ 1000's - but it might be overkill for my needs. Anyone know the difference in the 100's, 500's & 800's etc? What about other makes? Ideally I'd like Mp3 compatibiliy...
    All advise appreciated.
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ClubEire

800s or 800mkIIs now cos 800s are outta production.

1000s are silly money.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'll deffo be buying 2nd hand, theya re pretty crazy expensive new...

800's look perfect. on AudioCity.ie they are €685 each, but I found thhem on ebay for €260 here, not sure of this is dodgey or not though... What do you think, its in China. Postage €60, do get them new for €320 each, thats half price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

1000s all the way, im biased coz I have em, never buy electronic stuff off ebay, bound to be a bit dodge, I aint naming names but I know someone who got sold a box for €200.....

Even the 1000s are dirt cheap aswell on ebay, lookin now, has to be dodgey!

:rolleyes:

Where I bought mine from a german site : http://www.djservice.com

If you want full Irish Warranty buy them from Niall in Aquarius Light N Sound in Leixlip, look him up, he'd do you a good deal....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I found some CDJ1000's on buyandsell for pretty cheap, I think thats the best option maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Maybe, but I still like me Numark Axis 9s.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

cdj200s aswell. There 500 each brandn ew so you should get a pair for 500-600. Mp3 compatiable. No vinyl emulation but that didnt bother me really. All depends excactly what you want from you deck i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Hey Zascar if you want mp3 compatablity make sure you get the mk2 CDJ 800s or if it's the 1000s you're getting mk3. As you know I've got the 800s mk2. Got them off Niall in Aquarius for €750 each with full Irish warranty. They are da shizzle!

If you've got tons of mp3s it's way to go. I can fit around 45 320bitrate mp3s onto one cd! Make two copies of the same cd and I'm sorted for just one gig even potentially! Even better as well they also read cdrws so I can just change around my tunes whenever I feel like it without going through a stack of blank cds and the disorganisation that goes with all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭pa daly

Just to let ye know as ye are on the subject, Im selling a set of pioneer cdj 1000 mk11 cd decks. They are practically brand new and still in their boxes. Bought them from soundtraxx and they are under warrenty. The reciept and warranty comes with the decks (obviously!) :)

I havn't advertised them yet as I was kinda in 2 minds whether to sell them but theres no point keeping them if there not been used:(

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

get the numark cdx tis a wopper piece of kit

cdx_overview.jpg

Advertisement