Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a bank draft after 4pm?

Options
  • 14-07-2006 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get a bank draft after 4pm? Will a Bureau DuChange do it (like the one on college green and Grafton street), I can't get them on the phone?

I'm waiting for my salary to hit my account but i'm worried it won't be til after 4pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Don't think Bureau De change will do them TBH. They would only do Traveller Cheques I'd imagine. Would that suit?

EDIT: Aren't BOI open to 5pm on Fridays?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Arent bank of scotland open till 6 or 7 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Unfortunately, I bank with AIB.

Unless BOS/BOI will take money off my Laser card for the draft?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

western union :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

surely you could just zap out the cash at the atm and go into one of the late-opening banks?

• Advertisement

chump wrote:
    surely you could just zap out the cash at the atm and go into one of the late-opening banks?

Generally people get bank drafts for large amounts of cash that they don't want to walk about with in their pocket. Also, I don't know any bank that lets you withdraw 2 grand from your current account via an ATM.

Where are these late-opening banks, prey tell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

eth0_ wrote:
    Generally people get bank drafts for large amounts of cash that they don't want to walk about with in their pocket. Also, I don't know any bank that lets you withdraw 2 grand from your current account via an ATM.

Where are these late-opening banks, prey tell?
    eth0_ wrote:
    I'm waiting for my salary to hit my account but i'm worried it won't be til after 4pm.

To which 2 people responded
    EDIT: Aren't BOI open to 5pm on Fridays?
    &
    Arent bank of scotland open till 6 or 7 ?

Sorry I didn't realise your request was for 2000euro. Mucho apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Also banks will not issue drafts for cash esp to non customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

when you say draft I guess you mean a cheque sized piece of paper payable to some party.

Here are your options
    -get a chequebook
    -get a postal order, the PO opens until 5.30
    -goto Permanent TSB they stay open later aparently, but there will be a long queue whatever time you try!
    -if its monday a city bank of AIB will be open until 5pm
    -if its thursday a non-city bank of BOI will be open until 5pm
    -try the nearest university branch of a bank they have better opening hours, for example until 6pm+ on weekdays

chump wrote:
    To which 2 people responded

&

Sorry I didn't realise your request was for 2000euro. Mucho apologies.

BOI 5pm isn't what i'd call "late opening"...banks in the North/UK open later than that and on Saturdays, *that* is "late opening" :)

And BOS don't have any branches open in Dublin yet :(

It was ok in the end, my salary came in at 3.50pm, luckily there's an AIB just down the street from where I work!

• Advertisement

vector wrote:
    when you say draft I guess you mean a cheque sized piece of paper payable to some party.

Here are your options
    -get a chequebook
    -get a postal order, the PO opens until 5.30

No...by 'draft' I mean 'bank draft', there's only one meaning! Bank draft != cheque/postal order :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

eth0_ wrote:
    No...by 'draft' I mean 'bank draft', there's only one meaning! Bank draft != cheque/postal order :o

FFS I was just outling your options, you sounded desperate, well welcome to my ignore list

vector wrote:
    FFS I was just outling your options, you sounded desperate, well welcome to my ignore list

That's a bit of an over-reaction don't you think?
    I asked about a bank draft and you reply suggesting cheques and postal orders. Thanks for replying, but if a cheque or postal order had been accepted, i'd have used them :)

It was for a deposit on a flat, and they only accept bank draft or cash.

Advertisement