Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

War Rock open beta tomorrow

Options
  • 14-07-2006 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

War rock, while not technically an rpg is being classed as an mmofps, it runs along the same lines as battlefield.

from the screenshots ive seen its nothing mindblowing but it might be interesting to see how the koreans are doing with FPS market, i know they have a massive rpg market.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Rock

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

First impressions

Mission mode - CS ala carte - Very fun, weapons arent hyper realistic but pack a wallop. reminded me of soldier of fortune. characters have stamina and can do diving rolls and sprint. maps are fairly straight forward havent run into a boring one yet.

Infantry mode - Team death match take and hold - very fast paced, the maps are quite convoluted and complex so you have to be on your toes or you get a free trip to a spawn point.

Vehicle mode - BF2 stylee - This game mode can get tedious if there are too many tickets, the vehicles are all very well modled and animated. motorbikes are fun, especially when you are using snipers as ramps. if you plan on playing this mode a lot id advise purchasing the Stinger as it never hurts to be able to shoot down the bloody a10's

So far i like the game, while the graphics arent next gen, the game play is. it has the selling points of CS and BF2 and deathmatch thrown in to boot.

There are still some bugs that need to be worked out, mostly graphical ones. good thing they released this as a beta and that its free (hint hint EA)

Advertisement