Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foreigners footwear

• 14-07-2006 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Has anyone notice that you can tell a foreigner by looking at their footwear? I know they have different cultures / styles to us but it is a good way of telling, I find. I dont like their taste in footwear.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

hallelujah wrote:
    I dont like their taste in footwear.

Racist! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

Racist! :eek:

aa..aa.aa..iii'm not a rr..racist, u are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

hallelujah wrote:
    aa..aa.aa..iii'm not a rr..racist, u are!

Calm down Frank, you're not on the Aidrian Kennedy show now... :rolleyes:

AlienGav wrote:
    Calm down Frank, you're not on the Aidrian Kennedy show now... :rolleyes:

I'm not? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

hallelujah wrote:
    I dont like their taste in footwear.

"Their" as in all foreigners. This is a piss-take, right?

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote:
    "Their" as in all foreigners. This is a piss-take, right?

Yes all foreigners. I dont like their taste in shoes. Unsurprisingly, instead of thinking about what I have posted, posters have thought 'Oh he/she is generalising and saying something negative about foreigners, therefore he/she is a racist'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

hallelujah wrote:
    Yes all foreigners. I dont like their taste in shoes. Unsurprisingly, instead of thinking about what I have posted, posters have thought 'Oh he/she is generalising and saying something negative about foreigners, therefore he/she is a racist'.

Just to make it clear, the racist comment was in jest.

Although I can't imagine how much thinking anyone can do about what you have posted. You don't like the footwear of foreigners? I really don't know how anyone is expected to waste their thought process on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

There's a joke in there but I don't get it. Explain it to me, hallelujah. Please! Would you include British people, Americans, Australians and New Zealanders in the category "foreign". By the way, I'm not querying whether the post is a pisstake because I think it's racist. I'm querying whether it's a pisstake because I think it's simply very stupid. Also, you are generalising.
    Final edit, I swear: Think I hear the sound of a padlock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I'll call New Zealanders foreigners, wouldn't you? I can't shtand those jandals they wear over there, they are hideous. As for Aussies, last weekend I saw an aussie wearing Birkenstock Arizonas at the cinema and the following night he was wearing campers with shorts and ankle socks. :eek: But he was a fag so maybe that explains it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well, I'll leave this open for the moment providing people stick to discussing differing footwear fashions around the world. Keep the discussion on racism etc for the Humanities board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

FX Meister wrote:
    But he was a fag so maybe that explains it

From footwear to racism to homophobia. I can definitely hear the sound of a padlock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Right... this thread is going nowhere. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement