Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

voluntary work on site at bushy!

Options
  • 14-07-2006 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

hey guys, with the progress of the park going the way it is i popped over to bushy to have a talk with the lads and see if i could help out. No problems what so ever, i was given a vest and put to work. 10 minutes later the head contracter came over, and started asking me for my safe pass n stuff so i could help, but i dont have one. The guys working on the site tried their best to let me stay and help out, but it was no good, i had to hang up my vest n stuff.

The guys working on the ramps are real nice guys, and are more than happy to let people help out building the park, but you need a safepass to get on site. If anyone can help get me a safe pass to work on the site, id be there 4 days a week workin away. So if you can help out, please send me a pm!!

Anyone that has a safepass, and a will to do voluntary work, get down to bushy and give the guys a hand!

Other than physical labour onsite, im trying to come up with ways to make the day go a bit easier for the guys working, so if anyone has any suggestions on how i/we can help make the job that bit easier - post away!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭f

eh u need to attend a fas course to get a safety pass thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

yea i rang around for 30 minutes trying to get a hold of one of the poeple who do the course's. They need 10 people and theres a max of 20. All the people i got through to had 20 or 5, so there was either no room, or too little people interested. Theres 2 weeks left of the park then its done. So anyone who can, it would help get the job done, and give them more time to put more stuff in.

Just passing on the good word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

make signs saying needs to 6 weeks to harden, hang round at night with you skateboard and don't skate... encourage others to do the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Just a thought, but if you made nice ice cold drinks for the guys working there then they would be able to work faster in this heat!!!
    Yes i was once a boy scout!!! :D
    Cant wait to skate it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

You could always say you don't have your safe pass on you, then say you have lost it and have got in touch with Fas to get a new one issued. Worked for me for a few weeks one time. Failing that you could look up any ads section in a newspaper and you wil find lots of ads for safepass courses. It's a bit of a joke to be honest. Pretty much common sense. Also, if you are on the dole you can get it for free. You just need to say you have had offers of work but need a safepass but can't afford the course. They will pay for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement