Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy 7: Worst Party

Options
  • 14-07-2006 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Ok I'm playing through the game from the start and I'm in the mood for a challenge. So I want people to mention any that spring to mind.

Also what's the hardest party to complete the game with?

Are there any interesting little scenes that come about if you bring a particular character with you at a certain point in the game e.g if you bring Vincent with you when you fight Hojo they have a little conversation about their past.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Seeing as everyone can equip the same materia, there is only a very small difference between the characters. A few points here and there is about all the variation that you can expect. Limits I suppose are the only real difference. Playing with Cait Sith, Tifa and Vincent for example wouldn't be much of a challenge IMO.

Maybe you could try something like not using a certain type of materia or no curative magic etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭GK¦ Ixion²

Have to agree. The only real difference between the charcters is limit breaks.
    So u are going to have to obtain a challenge differently. Try just bombing through the game without really training ur characters properly. Or set certain players to different materia. As in Tifa: cure only
    Cloud: Summon only
    RedXIII: Command materia

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Yuffie, Cait Sith and RedXIII...

*Shudders*

Rhyme wrote:

*Shudders*
    RedXIII !!!! You dont like him!!No way.
    His final limit break was fairly useless compared to some of the others, but as a character i loved him. Barret on the other hand..............:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭EOA_Mushy

Use cloud only. If any one else is alive, kill them. Dont level up just run through the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

EOA_Mushy wrote:
    Use cloud only. If any one else is alive, kill them. Dont level up just run through the game.

Don't tell me you actually cleared it like that?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Rhyme wrote:

*Shudders*
    Seconded...

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

RedXIII !!!! You dont like him!!No way.
    His final limit break was fairly useless compared to some of the others, but as a character i loved him. Barret on the other hand..............:rolleyes:

Red XIII isn't a bad character story wise. But what's wrong with Barret?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

He was a cliched and his motives weren't well explained at all.

grimloch wrote:
    He was a cliched and his motives weren't well explained at all.
    In a nutshell.

I didnt hate him but he was certainly my least favourite of the characters with Yuffie coming close second.
    All the others i loved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

EOA_Mushy wrote:

now THATs a challenge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

Barret on the other hand..............:rolleyes:

I have to agree, I found Barret incredibly annoying, along with Cait Sith. I didn't mind anybody else though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

When you get to a point in the game the characters do matter. Usually i try to just attack a lot of enemies since MP can go down quickly. Also a large amount of the time it does more damage, so go for weaker characters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 300lenouveau666

Prufrock wrote:
    Ok I'm playing through the game from the start and I'm in the mood for a challenge. So I want people to mention any that spring to mind.

Also what's the hardest party to complete the game with?

Are there any interesting little scenes that come about if you bring a particular character with you at a certain point in the game e.g if you bring Vincent with you when you fight Hojo they have a little conversation about their past.

Thanks.
    If you take Vincent via submarine or Mountain chocobo to the small river close to Gongaga, where there is a waterfall in the river, go up there and there is a little place where Vincent can have a good ole ronezvous with his long lost love. if you by submarine there is a tunnel to go through to get to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 300lenouveau666

Also, try playing with Aeris, because she is a pretty rubbish character apart from her limit break which is actually rather useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

you could try finishing it with one or numerous of the following criteria:

no items
    no materia
    support materia only
    no levelling
    initial equipment only
    no accessories
    no limit breaks
    magic attacks only
    restrict materia colours for each character
    2 characters only
    1 character only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JedExodus

Try not changing you weapons, armour etc at all so you'll still have the buster sword at the end and very limited materia slots.

Also try play it with your thumbs sellotaped down, that's bound to be difficult :D

Advertisement