Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N20 Adare Bypass

Options
  • 14-07-2006 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

When is this route going ahead? It was meant to start early 2007?? is it?
    Traffic on the N21 has really hit off in the last few years. A few mentioned on this forum that DC was preferred road type for the give traffic> from NRA , 15625 a.a.d.t surely road are built for a 20 year life. 2+1 is not going to work here. Especially when there is already DC all the way to Limerck, don't why they didnt just futher the N21 south of Adare in the first place....:confused: I looked up the www.Midwestroads.ie, not much there, in fact is a horrendus site if you ask me.:rolleyes:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Given that it crosses the railway twice I hope that it not only respects the alignment but allows for twin tracking if commuter rail is put on that line in the future. Not likely for 10-20 years but if you build narrow bridges it's ruled out for good (like the M9).

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

mysterious wrote:
    Especially when there is already DC all the way to Limerck
    But there you have traffic from both the N20 & N21 hedding to Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Hate to troll but...

What are the chances of seeing this hit the light of day in next 5 years or so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

Traffic does be crazy going through Adare in the evenings, hard to believe it hasn't been done already. I'm sure there's definitely a demand there, whether or not it'll be met is another question... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭pigtown

Today's Limerick Leader reports that the NRA has refused Limerick Local Authorities permission to find another route for a bypass, after the cancellation of the one tying into the M20. That means the previous alignment is no longer subject to planning restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Commuting & Transport

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭road_high

What does that mean?
    They can use the original planned route? Wasted another 20 mins of my life here today.
    Limerick coco could do so much more to manage the traffic IMHO. What not an underground pedestrian passage?? It would help a lot as so much of the problems are caused by pededtrisns crossing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭pigtown

Well as far as I can make out the NRA have cancelled the previous proposal and are refusing permission to come up with another one. God only knows why. Here's the link http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/adare-bypass-plan-dealt-blow-by-national-roads-authority-1-5532906

Advertisement