Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for new statue in The People's Park

Options
  • 14-07-2006 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭

This Statue is said to be situated in the new entrance to the park which will be located where Mallow St. meets Boherbouy. I think the Statue should be of Dodo. Any other suggestions???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Why? What, apart from being "touched", did she ever do to justify such an honour? Or do you think we should just ask for the plans to the Molly Malone statute in Dublin and completely rip it off?

Perhaps they should move the statute of Sarsfield there? Or make one of Donogh O'Malley, or put the Richard Harris one there instead, or Tom Clifford (as the first Limerick B and I Lion). Frankly I think the Dodo Reddan one is an absolute joke, and I can only assume you are either related to her, or want to embarass the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

That was only one suggestion, it will never pass... there'd be so many objections to a statue comemorating the cities homeless.

But i think we should try something new, rather then comemerate induviduals... celebrate the city! Something that the whole city can be proud of!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Dolores O'Riordan, one of the only decent successful singers to actually sing in her own accent instead of being an American wanna-be.
    But then, I'm not from Limerick so ignore me... I'll get me coat loike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

A large replica of the Heino cup should be put up

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

How about Coco the monkey off the Coco-pops box? They eat Coco-pops in Limerick, don't they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

How about Coco the monkey off the Coco-pops box? They eat Coco-pops in Limerick, don't they?

I'd have the whole squad who were losing in the final of the Jungle World Cup but managed to stage a comeback to equal that of Liverpool's in Istanbul.

Failing that, why not move the statue of Patrick Sarsfield from outside the Cathedral to the park, it would save us the hassle of trying to think up a new person to commemorate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

How about a large statue of a Bulldozer to commemorate the marvellous building work going on in the Peoples Park.

Its probably the only park in the world to have its own apartments and pharmacy.

Sickened.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

ugh.
    why does it have to be a statue? theyre usually of people that only a few people actually know about or care about.
    some form of modern (but sympathetic) fountain or sculpture would be nice for a change i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

I think the park needs a new playground one for adults with adult sized swings roundabouts and everything its not fair kids getting all the fun. So why have another statue when we could have swings

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Surprised no-ones mentioned Richard Harris?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I mentioned Richard Harris, but the Harris statue will be erected on Bedford Row unless things are changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

I mentioned Richard Harris, but the Harris statue will be erected on Bedford Row unless things are changed.

a pub and a statue, its a shame he wasnt recognised before he died
    (i think thats the top complaint on any artists list :) they want to be loved now teehee )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

ellenmelon wrote:
    some form of modern (but sympathetic) fountain or sculpture would be nice for a change i reckon.
    Ya, id like that..

Advertisement