Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italian Transfer Rumours

• 14-07-2006 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

I figured in light of the decision, we're going to need a thread to keep track of where everybody is going :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

with the smell of desperation in the air, i'll tell u what u wanna hear and say everyone is going to man u, including all the milan players, and adriano to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Buffon to Arsenal please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

there gonna buy toni aswell. Infact i have also here they will be buying Ronaldhino for a 5er.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Pacifico wrote:
    Buffon to Arsenal please!

Yes please, although it'd be terribly harsh on Jens. Where else could Buffon be off to? It wouldn't actually suprise me if Chelsea tried to buy him just so nobody else can. Liverpool worship Reina so they won't be replacing him. United should really make a bid. They're in the same position as Arsenal, decent keeper but ageing. Barca could certainly use him, wouldn't be suprised to see them make a bid.

there gonna buy toni aswell. Infact i have also here they will be buying Ronaldhino for a 5er.

yeah, but they have to buy juan laporta a cup of coffee and a bagel if he scores more than 10 goals in his first season.

just all rumours at this stage though

• Advertisement

inter Milan will sign Buffon and probaly Toni.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Buffon, Canna and Zambrotta to A.C.

You heard me guess it here first sports fans!

Also Oddo to Milan.

Toni to Inter on loan for a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Trez rumoured to be eyed up by Liverpool but I hope not.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

PHB wrote:
    I figured in light of the decision, we're going to need a thread to keep track of where everybody is going :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=262341

or seeing as every club in the world has their own transfers rumor thread, we can probably make this one null and void ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

United must get in now and make a bid for Gattuso. He surely won't want to stay at Milan without European football, unless of course he's very dedicated. He's already stated that he wouldn't leave; maybe United to do a bit of "persuading". :D

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote:
    Buffon, Canna and Zambrotta to A.C.

You heard me guess it here first sports fans!

Also Oddo to Milan.

Toni to Inter on loan for a year.

i'd subscribe to your newsletter. buffon wont be going to england. the language barrier and all that. all these players on the move are at least 28 and alot of them dont speak english, so i'm predicting, ac and inter to reap the benafits in the form of loans and transfers

although roma could do with some strikers

milans lack of champions league football might be a problem for cannavaro. he's like 31 or 32

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Just so everyone knows who we're dealing with:

1 GK Gianluigi Buffon
    2 DF Alessandro Birindelli
    3 DF Giorgio Chiellini
    4 MF Patrick Vieira
    5 MF Cristiano Zanetti
    6 DF Robert Kovač
    7 MF Marco Marchionni
    8 MF Emerson
    9 FW Zlatan Ibrahimović
    10 FW Alessandro Del Piero
    11 MF Pavel Nedvěd
    14 DF Federico Balzaretti
    16 MF Mauro Camoranesi
    17 FW David Trézéguet
    19 MF Gianluca Zambrotta
    21 DF Lilian Thuram
    22 GK Landry Bonnefoi
    23 MF Giuliano Giannichedda
    24 MF Ruben Olivera
    25 FW Marcelo Zalayeta
    26 DF Gladstone
    27 DF Jonathan Zebina
    28 DF Fabio Cannavaro
    32 GK Christian Abbiati

and I can't see Mutu, persumibly because Chelsea have already bought him back.:D

There's a lot of Juve second string and also Fiorentia and Lazio players who you might see surfacing at mid level premier teams.

Year before last, there was a lot of noise about Valeri Bojinov, young bulgarian(I think) forward for Fiorentina.

As well as him they've got Stefano Fiore, Per Koldrup, Frey and Toni.

Lazio have Oddo, Zaccardi and S. Inzaghi.(didn't cheat very well did they?)

oh yeah what's money on everyones favourite Di Canio coming back to premiership????

United must get in now and make a bid for Gattuso. He surely won't want to stay at Milan without European football, unless of course he's very dedicated. He's already stated that he wouldn't leave; maybe United to do a bit of "persuading". :D

:rolleyes:

*helps u take off blinkers*

he's dedicated
    gosplanoh wrote:
    yeah what's money on everyones favourite Di Canio coming back to premiership????

bout the same as the odds of hamman pulling a u-turn and going to bolton.

di canio joined some roman second division team there the other day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Toni has already signed for AC milan i think.
    i would like to see united getting zambrotta,gattuso,pirlo but i dont think it will happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Mutu has joined Fiorentina already. Uh oh!

It's almost confirmed that Zambrotta, Emerson and Cannavaro are following Capello to Madrid nest season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

gosplan wrote:
    and I can't see Mutu, persumibly because Chelsea have already bought him back.:D

oh yeah what's money on everyones favourite Di Canio coming back to premiership????
    Mutu signed for Fiorentina and Di Canio signed for Cisco Roma (a 4th division club).

BFassassin wrote:
    Toni has already signed for AC milan i think.
    i would like to see united getting zambrotta,gattuso,pirlo but i dont think it will happen

When did that happen?
    Was still with Fiorentina this morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Seaneh wrote:
    When did that happen?
    Was still with Fiorentina this morning!
    i heard someone saying i earlier i could be wrong though

gosplan wrote:

There's a lot of Juve second string and also Fiorentia and Lazio players who you might see surfacing at mid level premier teams.

Year before last, there was a lot of noise about Valeri Bojinov, young bulgarian(I think) forward for Fiorentina.

As well as him they've got Stefano Fiore, Per Koldrup, Frey and Toni.

Lazio have Oddo, Zaccardi and S. Inzaghi.(didn't cheat very well did they?)

Mutu just joined Fiorentina.

Second point could be right, they are more likely to end up staying in itlay though.

Bojinov is a class little player, will probably stay with fiorentina though.

Lazio will lose Oddo for sure, probably to milan.
    Zacardi is only 19 so he might stay, S.Inzaghi will end up with someone like lecce.

Di Canio is playing in the 4th division next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Slightly OT, but I have no memory of Mettarazzi playing for bluescum. Seemingly he got 11 yellows n 2 reds according to this evening's Echo.

• Advertisement

1 GK Gianluigi Buffon - SOLD!
    2 DF Alessandro Birindelli - he will stay
    3 DF Giorgio Chiellini - he will stay
    4 MF Patrick Vieira - SOLD!
    5 MF Cristiano Zanetti - will stay
    6 DF Robert Kovač - FREE!
    7 MF Marco Marchionni - LOAN to serie A club, Parma most likely.
    8 MF Emerson - SOLD
    9 FW Zlatan Ibrahimović - SOLD
    10 FW Alessandro Del Piero - Reckons he is staying, only because noone wants him!
    11 MF Pavel Nedvěd - Says he is staying
    14 DF Federico Balzaretti - LOAN, mid table club probably.
    16 MF Mauro Camoranesi - SOLD, Milan/Inter/Roma/Spanishclub X
    17 FW David Trézéguet - SOLD, england or spain.
    19 MF Gianluca Zambrotta - SOLD, Milan/Real/Englishclub X
    21 DF Lilian Thuram - Dunno, maybe he's leave FREE!
    22 GK Landry Bonnefoi - staying put
    23 MF Giuliano Giannichedda - Staying put
    24 MF Ruben Olivera - staying put
    25 FW Marcelo Zalayeta - finallly gets a chance to start! Staying
    26 DF Gladstone - Who? oh brazilian CB, only on loan from cruzeiro
    27 DF Jonathan Zebina - SOLD, but was leaving anyway.
    28 DF Fabio Cannavaro - Staying in Italy I'd reckon.
    32 GK Christian Abbiati - Back to Milan, was only out on loan anyway.

Dr. Nick wrote:
    Slightly OT, but I have no memory of Mettarazzi playing for bluescum. Seemingly he got 11 yellows n 2 reds according to this evening's Echo.

Extremly OT and also worthy a report, I assume you mean everton.
    Was a few seasons ago, didnt settle in well.

I'm surprised so many people seem to think that Fiorentina and Lazio will be able to hang onto their players so easily.

Financially they're f**ked.

Oh saw that apparently Bojinov moved to Juve this summer?? They kept that quiet.

Anyway I doubt he'll move up to Juve and then back to Seria B. A good buy for someone.

Juve won't sell someone they just signed, if anything he'd just loaned out.

The reason I think Lazio and fiorentina will keep a lot of thie rplayers is because... thier players arent all that good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

el rabitos wrote:
    :rolleyes:

*helps u take off blinkers*

he's dedicated
    el rabitos wrote:
    bout the same as the odds of hamman pulling a u-turn and going to bolton.

You have such a beautiful way with words. I wanna be like you, sitting at your comupter with your mouse in hand. What a legend.

I doubt it if United will get Gattuso tbh, cant see too many Italian born players moving to England. There mightent be the big summer sale all is holding out for. Loan deals and dedication to clubs will prob be the jist of things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

its not just the big clubs who will be sniffing around. The likes of Palermo and Chievo will now be in the CL! They'll probably take an interest in players from those teams who could do a job for them.

Trilla wrote:
    You have such a beautiful way with words. I wanna be like you, sitting at your comupter with your mouse in hand. What a legend.

trying to start a fight on the internet is like trying to win a race full of people with special needs, and you have a head start.

now run forest, someone is insulting a fellow man u fan somewhere, run and save him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

el rabitos wrote:
    trying to start a fight on the internet is like trying to win a race full of people with special needs, and you have a head start.

now run forest, someone is insulting a fellow man u fan somewhere, run and save him

ah less of that wasnt startin a fight. I apologize if you thought other wise.

back to topic, its just got to be a matter of waiting as the tabloids between now and August will have a field day with this, they'll have every Juve player linked with every Premiership team, which means this thread is gonna be full of it also.

"Juve won't sell someone they just signed, if anything he'd just loaned out."

Possibly but these are two-three year loan terms you're talking about now.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Juve are just posturing, trying to ensure they get proper money for their players.

Surely there are some players of note at Florentina besides Toni? Like they did come 4th in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Yeah, but they cheated their way to 4th.

gosplan wrote:

Oh saw that apparently Bojinov moved to Juve this summer?? They kept that quiet.

He was part of the Mutu transfer i think.

For what it's worth, this was in the London Telegraph....

Ferguson may miss out in Italian fire sale
    By : James Fontanella in Milan, 16/07/2006

Sir Alex Ferguson's hopes of signing players from Juventus as a result of the Italian match-fixing scandal diminished yesterday with the news that AC Milan, the club owned by former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, are the team likely to benefit from the exodus of players from the former Italian champions.

The United manager, who yesterday saw his team open their South African tour with a 4-0 victory over Orlando Pirates, said afterwards: "The situation with the clubs in Italy is something we are addressing at the moment. It's not exactly clear at this stage what the circumstances are with the clubs that have been relegated.''

But many of Juventus's Italian players, who would prefer to stay in their own country, are now hoping to join AC Milan (who were docked 15 points but not relegated) because they still have a chance of playing in next season's UEFA Cup.

An indirect mistake by the Italian sports Federal Appeal Court (CAF) has given Milan hope of their UEFA Cup place. The CAF punished AC Milan on Friday by ranking them eighth in last year's league table behind Empoli, a small club in Tuscany who would automatically gain the right to play in Europe for the first time in their history.

However, Empoli are currently not allowed to take part in any European competition because they do not have the necessary permit.

"At present Empoli Calcio are not licensed by UEFA and would not be able to take part in the UEFA Cup,'' a spokesman for AC Milan said yesterday. ''The possibility could therefore open up for Milan to take part in the 2006-07 UEFA Cup."

Empoli were convinced the whole 'Calciopoli' affair would end with an amnesty for all the clubs involved and therefore had not prepared to take part in the competition but they insisted yesterday that they would fight Milan's claims to their place in the competition.

"On Monday we will contact UEFA to obtain the licence," said Empoli's secretary general Stefano Calistri. "We have already received some reassuring indications."

But the Italian players think otherwise and defender Gianluca Zambrotta and goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon, both stars during the last World Cup, are now certain to join AC Milan, according to people close to the players. This news is likely to disappoint Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger who was believed to be keen on signing Buffon. Christian Abbiati, another AC Milan goalkeeper who was loaned to Juve last season, may now be sold to Arsenal instead.

Fabio Cannavaro, Italy's captain, has also been approached by Milan, but he is still more tempted by the idea of going to Real Madrid.

Meanwhile, midfielders Gennaro Gattuso and Andrea Pirlo have reassured AC Milan fans, promising loyalty to the club who launched them. This means that Gattuso will not join Manchester United, disappointing Ferguson, who is still desperately seeks a replacement for midfielder Roy Keane. So Ferguson may turn his attention to Juventus's Patrick Vieira, the former Arsenal midfielder who has made it clear that he will definitely be leaving Juventus. Vieira has so far not ruled out a return to the Premiership.

Meanwhile, Fiorentina are facing the possibility of losing last season's Serie A Golden Boot winner, Luca Toni. Again Manchester United were reported to be interested in the striker to replace Ruud van Nistelrooy but Toni appears to be heading to Milan's other club Internazionale.

Although Empoli might not obtain the licence to enter the UEFA Cup, it is not yet certain that AC Milan would gain access to the competition.

AC Milan's fate now rests with the Italian Football Association.

http://wc2006.telegraph.co.uk/Document.aspx?id=65CC5118-1196-4F6F-8249-6AD08FEBE80F

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Have just heard from an Italian mate that rumours of Materazzi leaving Inter are exaggerated; he will stay if the club want him to stay; however, if Nesta was available, would the club want him to stay? Possibly not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

Yeah, but they cheated their way to 4th.

you are aware most of these accusations happened before last season arent you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

Fiorentina honorary President Diego Della Valle has insisted that Luca Toni will stay with the Viola despite the threat of relegation following the Calciopoli verdict.

“Toni’s staying here,” declared the Gigliati patron. “I come from a background where contracts are respected. Luca is ours until the end of his contract.”

However, despite Della Valle’s insistence, it is believed that Toni is considering an offer from Inter and is unlikely to accept a return to the second tier.

Pending an appeal, Fiorentina will be relegated to Serie B with a 12-point penalty imposed next season.

Diego and his brother Andrea Della Valle are banned from football for four years and three and a half years respectively, but the Tuscan side’s chief is set to appeal.

“We’ve done nothing wrong and we want everyone to know,” he insisted. “We need a proper trial not a rushed one like this seems to be.”

If Fiorentina’s relegation is upheld then Della Valle will have his work cut out if he is to keep his side’s key players from leaving the Artemio Franchi.

- channel 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

I doubt many Milan players will leave, if anything it'll be a season long loan deal, they're not in the worst situation by any means. The financial deflation from being banned from the CL won't be too harsh either, mainly cos they've just sold Shevchenko and Berlusconi (and his many media links) is back in charge.

What about Juve players going to Real? After all, Capello is there...

According to goal.com zambrotta's agent has said...

Zambrotta has apparently been eyeing a move within Italy, to AC Milan, but is prepared to look abroad if that fails to materialise.

"Zambrotta's wish is to stay in Italy but not at Juventus, and the only club that can afford the transfer and that have shown a keen interest is Milan," said the player's agent, Giuseppe Bonetto.

"Should Juve fail to reach an agreement with Milan then Zambrotta will consider the other alternatives.

Sounds good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

yeah zambrotta is a great player, versatile, he'd sit well in with ancelotti's system, just like cafu, or even on the left

Advertisement