Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

grey hair

• 14-07-2006 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hey guys, im 25 years, male, been through 3 really tough years and lately i and a few others have noticed my hairs going grey.....
    anyone else have this? does it go back to normal? am i secretely old and no one has told me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

No they won't go back to 'normal'
    I started getting silver hairs at the age of 16 it is not big a deal.
    If you are really not happy about it then by a box of male hair colour at the chemist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

My uncle had a full set of grey hair at the age of 18 iirc.

Relax, ladies like grey hair in a young man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

greyday wrote:
    hey guys, im 25 years, male, been through 3 really tough years and lately i and a few others have noticed my hairs going grey.....
    anyone else have this? does it go back to normal? am i secretely old and no one has told me?

Tbh, be glad you have the hair going grey!
    By 25 I was already receiding (sp?) , i'm 35 now and have no grey hairs - they all fell out!!

I'd trade a grey hair for no hair :)

Dye it if it bothers you, be aware that the rest of us loose it totally and be thankful you just got a colour change .

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

Oh, well, my uncle got grey hairs when he was only 12!!! :eek: He does have rather dark hair though as it is usually those who have black or dark brown hair who get premature greys. Luckily for those who are red-haired like me or have fair hair, they probably won't get grey or white hair until their later years.

The solution? Buy a box of hair dye from the supermarket or the chemist. "Just For Men" was brought out a couple of years back but is rather expensive. Just buy a cheap dye (Boots have good value ones). Either that or, do what my uncle did and just keep your hair short and tight so that the greys won't be too noticable.

Good luck ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Gordon wrote:
    Relax, ladies like grey hair in a young man!

Oh don't we just :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Bits of grey in the hair can be extremely sexy on guys! I've been getting grey hairs since I was 17 - hair dye ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I wouldn't worry too much about it OP, like the others said its not that big of a deal. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭darkflower

I have that too and start panicking but my bestfriend told me not to worry much. What matters most is what between your ears he said.

And he is right! Dont worry much we will all have that very soon it's just a matter of time ours came early athst all :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hey when u have NO hair AT ALL when ur 23 u no u have problems so thank ur self lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

I got a few grey hairs when I was 16, u really cud see them cos I have dark hair but now I cant find them anymore at the age of 18.

• Advertisement
Advertisement