Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small amount of cement

Options
  • 14-07-2006 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭

I will be putting up a new clothes line tomorrow. Quite simple really as all it involves is digging two holes and cementing them in place. I was told today that there is a small bucket of cement on the market for this very purpose. Does anybody know if this is true or will I have to go the traditional route and mix it on a piece of plywood?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

You can buy bags of sand & cement mix. I think that it is a 5kg bag and the sand and cement are both in the right proportions. I used it recently, I think the brand is Blue Hawk.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Excellent. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

try get your hands on a few medium size rocks to add it to strenghten the mix

• Registered Users Posts: 46,130 ✭✭✭✭muffler

And wear gloves to protect the soft skin on your hands :D

28 days to the wedding - you dont want rough skin :p

I got a couple of bags of 'postcrete' this morning. All I have to do is dig the two holes, pour in some water and pour the contents of the bag into it.

• Advertisement

muffler wrote:
    And wear gloves to protect the soft skin on your hands :D

28 days to the wedding - you dont want rough skin :p

Muffler, have you ever tried glasses or contact lenses? It clearly says 20 days.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 46,130 ✭✭✭✭muffler

smashey wrote:
    Muffler, have you ever tried glasses or contact lenses? It clearly says 20 days.:p
    But you see by the time you get those 2 holes dug it will take an additional 8 days to recover in your condition :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ScottishDanny

I think you need to mix the Post-Fix concrete and water together first and then pour it in the hole. Handy tip - washing up liquid helps the mixture bond together better. Also you'll need to leave it a good few days before putting weight on the line.

Advertisement