Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD Panel, Which courier to collect in UK ?

• 15-07-2006 12:09am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys,

?Have any of u used a courier to collect an LCD or something as large in the UK?
    I have sourced a good panel but they will not ship.

Sooo. Do you know of anyone who would courier to Ireland?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

www.postvan.com I've used them before and they were good.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

GLS would also do it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

DHL or DPD may also do it for you.

DHL may be a bit more expensive but your panel will be in good hands.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Gents, thanks very much. I will contact all of them and see who is best. I would not care in paying a bit more for the security that it is in safe hands

DHL charge about £70...... Postvan are safe and charge around €27

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

thats some price difference ! I will keep it in midn for next time I want something.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I priced there lads. 50kg is the weight of the panel. DHL and UPS are coming in about 250 euro from Dundee to Castlebar.

Did you get a quote from Postvan? From what I can see they charge £70 to deliver within 4 days.

John

Yip just got quote from PostVan

"Uk-Rep Ireland - 50kg -
    71x99x32
    £65.95 + Vat"

So some difference in price! About 115 euro inc VAT!

Does that size sound right for the Samsung LE40M74BX screen? I tried to find the dimensions but had little joy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

yop wrote:
    Does that size sound right for the Samsung LE40M74BX screen? I tried to find the dimensions but had little joy!

Is that a real model number? Google turns up nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

You must mean the LE40R74BD??
    http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/television/tftlcd/le26r74bdxxeu.asp?page=Specifications

Packing (W x H xD) with stand
    1110mm x 825mm x 410mm

Sorry I thought I had that model correct, will have to requote!!

It was the LE40R74BDX alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

I got a 32" LCD (LE32R41BD) delivered from Savastore in the UK, and they only charged me GBP20 delivery to Dublin. Turned up 3 working days after I ordered it.

The courier they used was Amtrak (www.amtrak.co.uk), don't know if they'll deal with individuals, but might be worth a shot.

amtrak might be cheaper, but I imagine Savastore (or any retailer) get's a massive reduction, due to the quantity they'll ship with a specific company.

John

Advertisement