Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More misreporting ..

Options
  • 15-07-2006 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Anyone else notice that news report on RTE re the latest drugs haul..?

Well done those boy's in blue , except someone needs to have a chat with the reporters to get their facts straight .

In the news clip they show a couple of tables stacked up with the naughty stuff with a couple of firearms on top , meanwhile the reporter mentions the size of the haul, the location, the guilty party .etc..!

The report also mentions that two "Rifles" were seized while the camera pans about showing a very clear view of an O/U shotgun and a side by Side shotgun.. Needless to say ... No rifle.

Sometimes I wonder ....:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Reporters reporting correctly on firearms???Asking abit much there Jaycee.:)
    The best one ever reported here was the AK16.:eek: or the 22 sawn off pump action shotgun.
    In Limerick strange and baffling firearms are found regurlary,of which I cant find any ref in the Blue book at all or on the net.
    GLOCH 44mag handguns.
    INGRID Smgs or AGRAM smgs, double barrel pump actions, Birettas [thought that was somthing a bishop wore??]
    With that,is it surprising they dont know a buttstock from a bullet??:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

AGRAM smgs

I wondered about that one too, till I checked, and it does exist, made in Croatia.
    http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg40-e.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I happened to hear that same report twice yesterday. At first it sounds like they're calling the shotguns rifles, but if you heard it again they actually say that they found 2 rifles in another location in addition to the two shotguns that are shown in picture. It was badly phrased rather than misreported.
    John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

civdef wrote:
    I wondered about that one too, till I checked, and it does exist, made in Croatia.
    http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg40-e.htm

Well you live and learn!!;) The pic here in Limerick was of a MAC 10/11 type weapon.Somone got their guns crossed.One ugly looking weapon BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

yes truely UGLY

• Advertisement
Advertisement