Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bright Star??

Options
  • 15-07-2006 4:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Sry - I'm not much of an astronomer, but there's a star shining very brightly right now easterly over Dublin. It's approaching dawn & the sky is very bright in that direction. There're no other stars visible. Can someone tell me what it is? I'm just curious.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

the star is still VERY bright and the sun is rising...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Reaver772

probably venus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Wait, isn't Jupiter visible these days? I have no telescope so obviously I cannot be sure. I'm not sure that Venus has been around recently but I know that Jupiter has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Thanks folks - i thought i might have been the space station (i haven't a clue...)

Look out for it you're up that early/still up :]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

In the mornings currently it would be Venus. Jupiter is the bright object that can be seen in the evenings at present.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

At Sunrise venus and cappella would be the brightest, shortly afterwards saturn would be visible under the sun if, it wasnt hidden by daylight.

At night Vega would be the brigthest object in the eastern sky

Advertisement