Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return of Vietnavan

Options
  • 15-07-2006 7:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭

I put this as a reply in an earlier thread but i feel it needs to be more out there

I hope i dont type out of tune.But most of my clan dont play battlefield anymore ,and those that do are very few that used to be.
    I spent tonight remembering of the old bfv days when an ingame server and Ts server was full of irish battlefield players.(vietnavan) having a laugh til early morning
    does anyone else miss this ???
    does anyone wish that they could just forget this clan crap and just join an irish invasion on battlefield ???
    Does anyone wish they could be in a server full of irish ingame and haveing a laugh on ts at the same time ??

well i tell you...i do !! ...i feel that of the irish commuinity that play bf2 is too small and scattered amoungst different clans from all over the planet !!
    so i propose that maybe...maybe...we forget all this clan bull**** and join up at least once a month.get every Irish bf2 player in one server...one Ts server.... and have a right nights craic !!!
    What do you say eh ???

I was lucky enough to start playing battlefield amoung irish players before the clans came about (Tig,Nrg etc),and it was fun logging on every friday night and meeting new irish gamers within Battlefield.
    I know bf2 has eaten away at many a clan,but what i dont want to see is it eating away at a community !!!
    And i know people within my own clan that miss the old days of an irish invasion on battlefield...and im sure you do too !!
    If you can post amoung each other on a forum...why not play amoung each other on a server ??
    Irish servers might be empty....But it dosnt mean that the irish arnt playing
    so i propose out of 3-4 irish servers that are emptydaily,pick one and a Ts server,
    plan a date in a month and have an all night irish frag & slagathon.
    Get your beers in and play till the last man or women (cant forget you Viri) sleeps !!

If u have any questions or ideas on this .. Pm me on sturgezulu@hotmail.com
    Come on ,you know you want to

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Jackabo wrote:
    Get your beers in and play till the last man or women (cant forget you Viri) sleeps !!

Yeah go on, I don't remember the good old days but I'd be up for a bit of this. Maybe. I dunno, I'm pretty shy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

As long as its not battlefell II *spit*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

oh the good old days of vietnavan,brings back some memories :D

just subing to the thread to see if anything comes of it,ill be up for it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

so far so good
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054961671
    We'll get the interest there
    then name a date,time,server,ts server etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Ah gwan :D miss vietnavan all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Battlefield Vietnam? I'd be up for it, esp those infantry based jungle maps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

1st-IB still have BFV server yis can use any night !

just PM AK, Spoky or ME and we'll get it up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

its not irish though, based in the uk. But id be on for BFV any night on a navan server, assuming im not working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

So far the people interested is 18 ...proper bo
    So now to find out what you lot wanna play
    Bf2 ? Bfv ??? or both ????
    tis shaping up to be a good night.or nights :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

well i binned my copy of bf2 so i guess ill be around for bfv anyways :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

bfv ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Yeah BFV for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Theres a simple answer to all of this. Each clan or gaming community agree to run a gaming server open to the public.

For example say tig agree to run a BFV server, NRG a BF2 server, someone else a 1942 server, someone else a CS:S server, etc. With the agreement being that each clan run them for a set period of time, say 3 months to start with.

I'm sure that tig would be happy to run any of the above servers. Maybe Rev could agree to run a BF42 server in association with boards.ie. Once this is in place its gonna be a lot easier to have decent organised games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

ye i agree do you think it would be easier to maybe have a set night like tues or wed every week and then go on a ts channel, then have different nights i.e vanillla, mods, int, bfv, 1942 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I wouldnt mind some vietnam action again

Chopper whoreing ftw :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

hell yes BFV that game brings back memories...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Someone with some organisational skills pick a date.
    Im sure tig or one of the other clans will fire up our/their 'nam server and give the TS details here.

wednesday from eight

actually....

vietnavan is live now.

games4.iol.ie

hop on!

/hops on fuzzys back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Brendymu

Yep navan is back. A few of us were on last night and i gotta say it felt good.

tonight yeah?

its running on port 15567 right?

yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I love that sig fuzzy ;p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭PrivateSmokey

Whats the Full IP:D

games4.iol.ie:15576

64 bytes from games4.iol.ie (193.120.123.133): icmp_seq=1 ttl=54 time=3.28 ms

gah god dammit, I cant connect, will try later after food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭PrivateSmokey

Cheers Fuzzy.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

With the impending Vietnam release for Bad Company 2 we have decided to ressurect what was Vietnavan. The server will be a 20 slot server and will only run the Vietnam maps when the game is released.

Server details : Vietnavan - NEW MAPS - by [TiG] - [217.163.30.12:19567]

Server is currently running the new Bad Company 2 maps from the latest map pack, however will change to Vietnam era maps from 18.12.2010.

Advertisement