Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Pens

Options
  • 15-07-2006 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

Ok... I consider myself a fairly good artist.

With a pen, pencil, paint brush, pastels, charcoal... I can at least create something that looks remotely good

But when it comes to attempting to draw with a mouse, I might as well be doing it with my left foot (and no, before you ask I'm unfortunately not blessed with particularly dextorous feet)

Anyway... the point of this thread is..... Are there any good stylus&pad or digital pen type malarchy for a desktop.... I've tried to google these things but they keep coming up with PDA stuff and the little amount I found seemed a little dodgy

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Look up:

http://www.wacom-europe.com/uk/index.asp

They are tablets A6, A5, A4! They are USB powered and you get a base of either of the above dimensions, a pen and a mouse (mouse not great). Quite expensive but very well worth the price. You can use the pen as a mouse and bu turning it around it is also an eraser. There is a transparent sheet on the tablet so that you can actually trace.

Regards

H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

cool... thanks

That's exactly what I'm looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

you cant go wrong with a tablet.
    i have a little a5 wacom tablet, and its the dogs bollocks.
    perfect for photo editing, and colour scanned images.
    the mice that ship with them are crap though. i only use the pen and tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

There's a wacom intuos 3 for sale on the boards - having played with one (my husbands, insert filty comment here..), I can tell you that they are absolutely fantastic!!!!

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=3263&cat=8

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭sdssarah

i have this one, its really nice :)

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=313030

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I was thinking of investing in one of these also. Is A5 not a very small work area though??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 phantom pooper

does it matter if you habe USB 1.0 or 2.0 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

A5 has limitations, obviously- you will draw a short line and the cursor will move a lot. If you don't mind zooming in while you work it would be ok. the bigger you get, the closer it is to drawing on paper. We had an A5 (not wacom) and part of the reason behind replacing it was the lack of accuracy in drawing on it.

oh, and they work on usb 1.2 or 2

Advertisement