Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, was it a fix ??????

Options
  • 15-07-2006 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of fix or perhaps somebody recommeneded to BB to remove her on mental health grounds!

Think about it, ELEVEN housemates were up for eviction. Over the last week people were shouting for either Susie or Imogen to be evicted and not just on here but on BBLB and that other program with that long haired freak!

Now out of all those housemates I find it hard to believe Nikki got the most votes. Look at the positive reaction she got from the crowd lastnight and the disbelief amongst the audience on BBBM.

As annoying as she was, she was entertaining.

Was it a fix? 23 votes

Yes, it definitely was a fix!
    0%
    No, she was hated outside the house by everyone.
    100%
    Dr. DretuxyKambikaFranknFurterKenny_Dsmreeyoucancallmealirishcsifancil_aineDavei141cee_jayThe GnomeHarryHoudiniMiss FluffjudybabyTatersfuzzywiggleandrea20073.16Stinkerbelle 23 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

It's unlikely it was a 'fix' in that endemol have to be very careful with those premium rate phone lines.

However once all HMs were put up, it was a foregone conclusion that Nikki or Ais were gone. It shows how strange the voting system is, Nikki would have beaten most others in a head to head eviction, but because those who liked her had no single target to vote for, the pro-nikki vote is diluted amongst 10 others.

Still I'm surpised she got 37% of the vote, that's very high considering the number up for eviction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Why would it be a fix? You will often find that popular characters get evicted when it's not a straight 1 v 1 because their support is spread too thinly across all their opponents rather than concentrated on one single target.

Personally I'm glad the scrawny little popeye-looking gurnbag is gone. I feel sick just looking at her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Pigman II wrote:

Personally I'm glad the scrawny little popeye-looking gurnbag is gone. I feel sick just looking at her.

hhaha, hysterical!

I have to admit that she annoyed me immensely but I had read a an article in a mag by her mom saying she had a very difficult life. She spent close to 8 years in and out of a hospital with eating disorders etc. So I started feeling sorry for her.

There is always a reason people act like her. Its not because they are just nasty people but because they have been affected in some way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

heh, well the fact that i was compelled to vote for her 4 times!!! YAY! SHE IS GONE!!! (probably see her with some washed up footballer soon, Gazza or the like :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I voted No, but i think she was evicted for different reasons for the one given.

I suspect there was a certain degree of compassion from people who voted her out given the good reception she got on her exit, and the fact that she was really depressed during her last week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a fix, being Big Brother, but this time I don't think so. Nikki was the most entertaining character in there, and people saying she's got mental health problems? So she has some temper tantrums, it was nothing makor..it was entertainment for most anyway. She was one of the most popular characters in there but, as people have already said, she would have won in a head to head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Why would it be a fix?

I just dont get it when people start theorising over these things. They used Nikki in the diary room with Dawn for weeks as advert for the programme, she was a big draw. So why deliberately kick her out?

Nikki turned a bit rotten over the last week, that was all, backstabbing Ais, be-friending the wagon and mooning over Pete.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The trouble with them all up is that it split the vote. From Endemol's point of view though, they now have an idea of who the popular ones are, and can manipulate the highlights to counteract or enhance someone's popularity.

The recent whitewashing of Aisleyne's antics in the highlights have been astonishing, but since most people only watch the highlights show, they can get away with it. She has been reinvented as the virginal Ais who is 'so' unaware of her knickerless antics

Spoiral-yeah looks like being the next target, but they will need him up against a big gun to make money.

Not a lot of point from Endemol's point of view in having (say) a Mikey-Imogen duel as neither of them will attract a big vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Definitely not a fix, although I don't agree that she was hated by everybody outside the house.

Nikki had a bad week and a half and spent too much time bitching about the new people. Her antics got a lot of airtime and as a result the public is going to be focused on her. Unfortunately for Nikki though, she wasn't funny anymore and I guess people just got sick of her carry on. Had she kept away from Jayne maybe it wouldn't have been so bad but I think Nikki's time was pretty much up anyway.

Personally wanted Aisleyne to go but what ya gonna do? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah of course it was a fix. It's always a fix every week. Even when it's not a fix......it's a fix! Oh, and whenever a new housemate goes in, they're Moles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I voo but that's because Endemol and Channel 4 have paid me to manipulate the BB posts on boards.ie*

*may not actually be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

No, she was hated outside the house by everyone.
    I've read that she's been sectioned a couple of times and has been in and out of institutions all throughout her teens. She actually asked Davina just before being interviewed whether it was her Mum who campaigned to get her out so, I would say yes, she had a bad week preceeding her eviction and I'd say her Mum told producers to get her out.....such a shame!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Miss Fluff wrote:
    I've read that she's been sectioned a couple of times and has been in and out of institutions all throughout her teens.

I doubt that somehow, a lot gets written. The programme makers, profile and screen the HM's rigorously before they go in.

Nikki could well have had therapy, but sectioned?, I dont think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,712 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The whole big brother thing is that its not the housemates that the show controls, but the watching public. This is borne out year after year as the show's (i.e. big brother's) favourite wins without fail, usually overcoming all odds while doing it.

Advertisement