Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying a phone for the gf

• 15-07-2006 10:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

The girlfriends birthday is coming up soon. She has been looking at different phones, she said she is not pushed with which ever one she gets. So after much taught:rolleyes: I have decided to get her a phone. I know for a fact that she wants to keep her old number because everyone knows her on that number. So I was thinking of going the upgrade option. She is currently on meteor as am I and she still wants to stay on meteor.

I want it to be a suprise and don't want her to know that I am getting it for her. But will I be able to buy the phone for her or would she have to be in the store with me when I am buying the phone? I know it would make her birthday if I got her one. I was thinking of the Nokia 6230i btw.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Meteor are due to get this in. Well, it's in the catalogue anyways, and not under the coming soon section.

http://europe.nokia.com/A4142109

She doesn't need to be with you when you get the phone, unless she's on bill pay. All you need to do is make sure she's registered, hasn't gotten an upgrade in the last 30 days and to ask for an upgrade pack when you go into the shop. You're better off going into a Meteor store. CPW do give out prepay packs in place of upgrades, as do Xtravision, but that might be just my local ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

chrislad wrote:
    Meteor are due to get this in. Well, it's in the catalogue anyways, and not under the coming soon section.

http://europe.nokia.com/A4142109

She doesn't need to be with you when you get the phone, unless she's on bill pay. All you need to do is make sure she's registered, hasn't gotten an upgrade in the last 30 days and to ask for an upgrade pack when you go into the shop. You're better off going into a Meteor store. CPW do give out prepay packs in place of upgrades, as do Xtravision, but that might be just my local ones.

Cheers thanks for the advice. That phone in the link above looks deadly, wouldn't mind getting one for myself now:D . Anyway thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

#Elites wrote:
    looks good aye, but the specs are not the best.. (just incase she wants a good spec phone)

that phone is only a VGA Camera,4mb memory and no blutooth.

Typical, never even looked to see if it had bluetoth:rolleyes: . Thanks for pointing that out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

companies that don't offer bluetooth as standard now on phones is shocking, nokia are the worst offenders for it tbh.

also i doubt the guy would like a high-spec phone unless of course he's got a big wallet :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I'd got for the 7360 too. Most girls aren't into the techie stuff anyway, so it'd be a waste getting anything too fancy.
    (I know this from experience of working in a phone shop, so please don't say I'm sexist etc).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Pythia wrote:
    I'd got for the 7360 too. Most girls aren't into the techie stuff anyway, so it'd be a waste getting anything too fancy.
    (I know this from experience of working in a phone shop, so please don't say I'm sexist etc).
    yeah its gas. you say "this one's got a memory card and bluetooth so you can use is as an mp3 player and send stuff to your friends"

they counter with "but this one's pretty" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Don't get the 7360.

It has the features of a phone from 2001 if not worse, biggest rip off from Nokia yet, preying on those that haven't a clue and go by looks (AKA women in most cases generally speaking :D)

And yeah I know most women and alot of men too wouldn't care/know about alot of features mentioned above, but its still nokia ripping people off, basically charging 90% of the price for looks.

Advertisement