Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

session 2 talent show

Options
  • 15-07-2006 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

just thought that i should point out, that i shall be recording the session 2 talent show (so long as something wierd doent happen E.G someone confiscating my laptop) And was wondering what medium people would prefare. CD (higher quality) or downloadable (less quality and mp3).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

its actually spelled "prefer" tut tut tut. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

before anyone else points them out, yes, there are other spelling misshaps in that message. i am very sorry. i shall kill myself in 3 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Lady penelopy

um, its actually mishaps.....(im sorry, i couldnt resist!!)

but yes, this recording the talent show is a good idea. cd please!

elle x

ps. tomorrow!! eek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭COCK

who cares

emm.. most people other then you it seems.
    about my compleat lack of spelling, it is because i have just got myself a macbook, and the keys are wide and i am used to closer spaced keys, which means i constantly hit the wrong keys. then could not be pis.. botherd to fix the mistakes.
    ps. TODAY! eeek! lets hope they let me bring my macbook to the talent show. alsong with the amazingly expensive microphone i am gonna be using. (i podcast. a lot. for my school and me, so my school bought to extreamly fancy microphones for me. and a mixing board. i will be bringing a shotgun mike if anyone cares.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Surely you can provide both? An mp3 is very easy to produce from a cd..I'm sure you know that..make it 128 bitrate and host it?

If you do not have hosting, ask a friend, that failing, I can put it up on a shell account.

Just seems an odd question when the mp3 solution is so very easy, regardless of whether you release a cd or not. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

WHO CARES! pfft CTYI n00b13s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

And you do know that these threads are regulary monitored by CTYI site office? Hence you WILL get your macbook confiscated... What you should do is stick a video up on youtube, much better than just an audio CD

pfft. people who think everyone else is a noob or stupid.

i have permission to use the macbook.
    my real name is not on boards. to find me they would have to go thru a few links.

i will probs just dump the CD idear.

no to the video idear.

WHO CARES!

Given all the replies, I'd imagine you could answer that question (wait, it's not a question..um, statement that is intended as a rhetorical question, then.) yourself? Me, for one. And considering I've never been to CTYI, and am now too old to go, I think it's a little silly calling me a newbie..if anything, I'd be whatever comes before nubile status, and apparently his name is "Stev"..

Not the fastest, are you?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

You kids behave before I decide to get angry...

sorry sir.

MP3 it shall be. now. the worry about hosting game. anyone want to donate? if the file is small, i will be able to host it. only 20mgs or less. (i have hardly any bandwith). since that is not gonna happen, any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Try sticking it up on yousendit and refreshing the link if it gets old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

www.rapidshare.de is better, won't expire

Rapidshare is more irritating to download from. : p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

suppose so

but its great when you nab a free account :)

i have just put up oart one (around half an hour long) at http://www.stuffslashersaw.com
    now, there will be 3 parts, with a few days gap between so i can sort them out, so if you listion to podcasts, you can subscribe to them.click this link if you use itunes,
    [URL="itpc://www.switchpod.com/users/slasher_65/feed.xml"]itpc://www.switchpod.com/users/slasher_65/feed.xml[/URL]

use this one for any other podcatcher client http://www.switchpod.com/users/slasher_65/feed.xml

for odeo, http://odeo.com/listen/subscribe?feed=http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheViewFromTheQuad

for anything else, figure it out.

Hey, might want to edit (as in, fix) your first URL there...

Shall have a listen now!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Fixed.

just uploaded part 2 and 3. the links to the things i advertised in #1 and #2 are
    http://www.geekfuactiongrip.com/ and
    http://signal.serenityfirefly.com/

i should point out that the end of #2 is a cliffhanger. (screams)
    thoso of you who liked it, please stay subscribed to my podcast "the view from the quad", almost a year in the running. i am also starting up a music only podcast, which i shall not be naming after CTYI. unless someone gives me a good name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Who presented the talent show this year? He sounds familiar but that may be as a result of the general nostolgia induced by listening to the ts rather than having actually known them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

...I can't believe you listened to the talent show hilary. ON YOUR DAY OFF.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Hey the talent show was great. Especially that dashing girl who played the tetris theme so skillfully on piano.

Yeah, but have you heard what she gets up to at night?

Dodgy stuff.

I've heard she knits sweaters for blind kittens ¬.¬

Personally, i think that i once saw her bludgining an AIDS riddion baby seal to death. sorrowfull.

The actions which were filmed were entirely legal at the time of filming in the countries which they were filmed.

Piste wrote:
    The actions which were filmed were entirely legal at the time of filming in the countries which they were filmed.

sure they were.
    sure they were.

and going back on topic, the first episode of Teen Geek Music, (that music podcast i was hinting twords) is going online round about 5 minutes from now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

&#231 wrote: »
    ...I can't believe you listened to the talent show hilary. ON YOUR DAY OFF.

Note the time of the post. I hadn't gone to bed yet. So technically it didn't count as my day off, and given how my day off went it may have been the highlight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement