Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficulty with landlady

Options
  • 15-07-2006 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭

Hi. I have got myself into a difficult situation (again. will i ever learn). I decided to move in with the "landlady". Let us put it this way. I thought at the start that she may be a nice girl and we would get on together. Instead I am always on edge when she is in or not in the house and she runs a tight ship. By this I mean that everything needs to be spotless. We also have nothing in common and when I first met her I thought she was quiet interesting. I find now that she is only interested in the money. Though I did tell her to not go into my room to check whether it was tidy or not. I know I will lose the deposit but I think it would be best for both of us to leave. Next time I will move into a room share without any landlord/lady near by. I do not know what is best to do or how to approach it. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Why shouldn't you get the deposit back?

You'd just prefer to live somewhere else, there shouldn't be any hard feelings. Give her two months notice if it makes you feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

I am a landlady. I rent out two of the bedrooms in my house and its been great. Your landlady is a bit wierd. I would never go into a lodgers bedroom without permission. While I like the house to be relatively clean and tidy, you can't be anal about it. My point is, don't tar all landladies with the same brush. Some of us are very easygoing and get on great with our lodgers. I don't think your landlady will change. You need to get out and before you ask, sorry, my house is full!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭janullrich

Haha! Seriously I agree with you. You should not tar everyone with the same brush and sorry if I have. I have spoken to her anyway and put a few things straight. I think she has got off her high horse and thought well there is someone who is paying my mortgage and we should treat them better! Maybe being direct helps sometimes (even though these meetings are horrible if necessary!)

Advertisement