Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate SG:1 - 10x01 - Flesh and Blood [SPOILERS]

• 15-07-2006 12:51pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

OK folkians, this is the thread to talk about the latest episode of Stargate: SG-1 - 10x1 - "Flesh and Blood". Usual posting rules apply! Enjoy..

What Did You Think of Stargate: SG-1 - 10x01 - Flesh and Blood? 41 votes

Amazing episode - I believe in S10
    0%
    Good episode - Promising debut
    12%
    Ivansenordingdongdan99989DingChavezmadmike18 5 votes
    Okay - Let's see where this season goes
    56%
    suttyTazzlePugsleylaykeMr EGerardKeatingWintersKevokjor elCatsmokinpotPeacematrimixoythe-gingthelordofcheeseOmegaRedNukemalastair_doomDingDongSparko 23 votes
    Poor - I'm worried...
    31%
    VenombkehoeVulturebizmarkandrew163bada_bingUser45701mobPrivate JokerkdouglasInfiniFlaccuscotwold 13 votes
    Awful - Please stop the show!!
    0%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭madmike18

brilliant

the episode was very interesting indeed

and all that happened shows that the ori will be a formatible enemy but will be destoryed buy sg1

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I quite enjoyed this one. Yes, it was primarily setup for the season and the kid's a little too remniescent of the Harseisis from S3 buuuutt she was nicely pyschotic and evil. Could have stepped out of the "The Omen".

Most characters had a reasonably decent role to play that suited them (liked the bitchy Asgard), although Landry was somewhat wasted (as was Picardo's guest appearance). Not sure why Bra'tac went suicidal all of a sudden - felt that was out of character, especially when he'd be taking everyone else out...

SFX were quite classy for the show and there was enough of a vein of humour in it too (liked the "Guess that's a no" when the Odysseus lost communication with Teal'c). Vala and Daniel were great together, as expected, and hope their chemistry keeps up in the show and that they keep her character's tone as it is now without being too crude.

Good start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Where did the Asgard ship go? Was it destroyed by the Ori?

That's the only thing that bothered me, the rest was great. I think it's going to be a good season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Completely forgot twas last night! Just watched it there, looks like its gonna be a good season. Pity they are getting hammered so much but it was inevitable i suppose. Vala back in the whole season i hope and maybe jack back as well will strengthen this season vs the last:D

Com'on next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Poor - I'm worried...
    Yawn more super ships/villains that no one can touch till sg 1 stumbles across some hidden ancient coffee making machine...that makes what 3-4 years in a row now?.

Also to round it off im starting to hate the asguard they are cowards and master manipulators it wouldn’t surprise me at all if the asguard ship buggered off when they seen which way the wind was blowing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

bizmark wrote:
    Yawn more super ships/villains that no one can touch till sg 1 stumbles across some hidden ancient coffee making machine...that makes what 3-4 years in a row now?.

Maybe they'll discover the ancienters, more ancient than the ancients.

Good epsiode tho, from both shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Better then the Atlantis ep imo.

However, they are *really* going to have to improve it if they want to keep me watching for the whole season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Not entirely convinced by this but a big improvement on what came last season and some good action scenes. At least the Ori are getting out and doing things and not just waving the wands and chanting. That said there is a touch of deja vu as posted earlier. My own hope for this season is that it develops some good story arcs and doesn't just depend on blokes with albino eyes.

IMHO the thoughts of Vala for a whole seasons is offputting. :p

Can't help getting this nagging feeling that SG-1 really should have passed into history a season ago .....................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭madmike18

well one the azgard ship was destroyed

carter said it in the episode

and vala will join them for the hole season

that reason that the ori are here is because

they need a new enemy because the goa 'uld are no longer much of a threat

except for bal his clones

so the sg1 can now go on for longer because they have a new enemy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Anyone else find it amusing that madmike18 can spell goa'uld correctly, but can't spell 'whole'? :):) (sorry Mike)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

TmB wrote:
    Anyone else find it amusing that madmike18 can spell goa'uld correctly, but can't spell 'whole'? :):) (sorry Mike)
    Bad TmB! Be nice to other posters! And it should be Asgard and Baal... Not that I notice...

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

Didn't really like this episode, pretty slow. Nothing really happened. SGA was far better I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I thought it was quite the excellent episode. I knew exactly what to expect and it played out, pretty much exactly as I expected but I still really enjoyed it. I did however, get a little worried at one point thinking that they might have had Daniel ascend AGAIN in order to allow him to escape his death one more time and to reveal some weapon for the series finale.

Because, lets face it, thats a pretty common approach to storytelling for stargate, so far.
    But I really enjoyed it, the child was suitably sinister while still seeming a child, the ships are spectacular and I'm glad they didnt even destroy one ship with their "beam a bomb aboard" trick as its just clichéd/stupid. Though it does present a bit of a flaw in the ship design and a potential weakness that could easily be taken advantage of...

Did anyone else think that they were hinting at a possible human build up for war, in the conversation between Picardo's character and the general? Could be interesting to see the battleships mass produced :D

Anyway, I look forward to watching the rest of the season (as well as Atlantis S03E01)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

when and what channel was this on, Sky 1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Poor - I'm worried...
    Ivan wrote:
    the ships are spectacular and I'm glad they didnt even destroy one ship with their "beam a bomb aboard" trick as its just clichéd/stupid. Though it does present a bit of a flaw in the ship design and a potential weakness that could easily be taken advantage of...

If i remember right the ori ships where built on a primitive planet using medieval level humans and wooden scaffolding it’s an f*cking miracle they can move :p .
    Did anyone else think that they were hinting at a possible human build up for war, in the conversation between Picardo's character and the general? Could be interesting to see the battleships mass produced :D

Anyway, I look forward to watching the rest of the season (as well as Atlantis S03E01)

Yey but you got to wonder if humans are now to over powered with a large fleet earth will be one of the ultimate powers in the galaxy assuming we can make our own shields if the asguard stop playing ball with their defense technology........Sure earth itself has a unstoppable defense system if the sgc stumbles across another zpm the go'auld ships aren’t a problem the ori will be defeated by merlins magic ball point pen at the end of the season and the wraith are lets be honest a complete joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Patricide wrote:
    when and what channel was this on, Sky 1?
    Canada

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Am I the only one who got a strong whiff of The Chronicles of Riddick.

Giant space army's with the Holy half dead running the show?

Thought they were both good ep's although something about them stopped my from total immersion. I found that I was losing interest half way through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

bizmark wrote:
    If i remember right the ori ships where built on a primitive planet using medieval level humans and wooden scaffolding it’s an f*cking miracle they can move :p
    They couldnt until the Ori waved their magic wand at them :)

The ships probably have a prior on each of them too, which is probably why the beaming on a bomb trick didnt work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Pugsley wrote:
    The ships probably have a prior on each of them too, which is probably why the beaming on a bomb trick didnt work.

Thats what i was thinking...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Ivan wrote:

I'm pretty sure this has been the plan all along! Remember at the start of season 9 they were discussing it with the appropriations committee? I'm pretty sure they were building a fleet of DAEDALUS class ships. The Odyssey was rushed out of production and rushed into duty to rescue SG-1 from Worrell's control on P6G-452.

I really enjoyed the ep and I liked the little looming darkness at the end of the ep. I'm murder and I cant help but read a little ahead at the ep summaries on gateworld and this season is going to be class. Guest appearances, crossovers supreme and the 200th episode which is going to be stupidly funny! All n all i'm looking forward to season 10.

One other thing! Does anyone thing colonel Chekov is still alive. He's a great character and if they were gonna kill him off you'd think he wouldn’t appear in season 10. I'm holding out that he was one of the few that was beamed off or even ring transported out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

OmegaRed wrote:
    One other thing! Does anyone thing colonel Chekov is still alive. He's a great character and if they were gonna kill him off you'd think he wouldn’t appear in season 10. I'm holding out that he was one of the few that was beamed off or even ring transported out!

I have to admit, I think you are right there. It just doesn't seem right giving him such a crappy send off. When he has been in the show for so many seasons. Plus he was coming around in the last few seasons to be more on the side of the SGC. Shame that. My fingers are crossed.

Over all, I liked the ep. There where somethings. Like the suicide run, that just didn't mesure up. But the thing that got me the most about the ep... is the "hairs of our balls" saves in it. For one ep, there was just many. Its ok in small doeses. But there was like 3 or 4 in that ep alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Overall I thought this was a decent opening to the season. Very little seemed out of place like the suicide run. Not knowing if they are killing of Chekov leaves me a bit miffed as he's a great character in it so I hope he's not gone.

I was looking forward to the Ori ship being blown to bits, but I'm glad it didn't as it would have been a bit much too soon. I guess the prior had something to do with that plan failing (anti-prior nukes perhaps?).

Good to have it back anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Poor - I'm worried...
    Not as good as SGA but still it was good just nothing like some other episodes of SG1 i odnt know why but i was expecting a episode a bit like "Jolinars Memories"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

Poor - I'm worried...
    ok watched it last night and it was little hard for me to follow as there were no subtitles at all ( damm sky!!) so i got the general gist of the show but what was the weakness in the ori ship that someone mentioned?? was this something that came up when they rammed the Jaffa ship into the ori ship?? details please! thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

A pretty good episode overall, although I thought that the suicide run by Bra'tac was a bit too much out of character.

However, IMO, SGA's episode was a bit better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

mcgarnicle wrote:
    Didn't really like this episode, pretty slow. Nothing really happened. SGA was far better I thought.
    Are you serious?

Atlantis was dull in comparison...who can care about two Hive ships getting to Earth when there are four Ori ships invading our galaxy.

Anyway...I was worried that they would botch the follow up the cliffhangar but they did a good job. They greatly improved Vala and the invasion of Chulak was morbidly fantastic. All the visual effects were fantastic too, from Carter getting back onboard the Odyssey, to the battle above Chulak, to the battle on Chulak...it was nicely reminiscent of the 'Lost City' battle.
    The only flaw I had was Bra'tacs suicide run.

I think it was a great set up for the season and a good sign of things to come.
    All that I am skeptical about is Vala.

Advertisement