Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV Rack

• 15-07-2006 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where to get a decently priced AV rack. Or just a decent rack? Something that will fit 5 or 6 boxes easily.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Depends on what style really. Something thats a single tall rack unit, or a unit that would fit under a TV?
    Iv'e looked around personally for AV racks, but couldn't find one I liked. So I ended up in building my own.

There are some new ones available that have a floating shelf design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Hi CivilServant

I got one of these units a couple of years ago from argos. In case the link does not work argos.ie and cat number 6100980.

Lots of space, takes a big av amp on top shelf with plenty of space to vent heat above it.

I've housed av amp, digibox, 2 vcrs, 2 dvd player and wireless media player with space to spare.

Can post pics if you want to see the unit with real items on the shelves:).

Sparky-s would love to see pics of your DIY setup. Want thinking of making a unit to hide my equipment, smoked doors or using speaker grill material.

V.

Vexorg wrote:
    Hi CivilServant

I got one of these units a couple of years ago from argos. In case the link does not work argos.ie and cat number 6100980.

Lots of space, takes a big av amp on top shelf with plenty of space to vent heat above it.

I've housed av amp, digibox, 2 vcrs, 2 dvd player and wireless media player with space to spare.

Can post pics if you want to see the unit with real items on the shelves:).

Sparky-s would love to see pics of your DIY setup. Want thinking of making a unit to hide my equipment, smoked doors or using speaker grill material.

V.

I'll show you full pics when I move up to the attic. The unit infact had two small doors to hide my DVD's and if I wanted to house a second digibox. I used it infact for the laptop for HD material at one stage.
    The unit I built is in the back room in between boxes and tins of paint.
    (clean tins that is) :)

I took this pic a few months ago while the room was in a mess as its a temp. measure while we get the attic finished.

http://www.sparky-s.ie/gallery/main.php/d/266-1/DSC00117.JPG

Its a pretty bad pic as you can see. :D

Not wanting to go too off-topic.
    The attic job I mentioned.
    http://www.htireland.com/showthread.php?t=4846

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Looks like a nice project you are putting together there.

It likes HT is maturing quite nicely here in Ireland.

V.

Vexorg wrote:
    Looks like a nice project you are putting together there.

It likes HT is maturing quite nicely here in Ireland.

V.

Aye, a nice long headwrecking project :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Nice rack, Sparky. I was looking at one of these: http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?objectid=930&mode=0&productid=200&results=true&keys=gale&c=1

I might have a rethink, although if I do get enough money for a decent HD plasma, I might get the Gale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭branners69

I have one of these from Argos.

Item Number 6108078

I have an xbox 360, Pioneer 530, Sky +, Pioneer Media box, Pioneer Receiver, Marantz DVD, and an NTL digital box in it!! And there is still some room!!

If u want me to take a picture of my one let me know!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Sparky-s wrote:
    Depends on what style really. Something thats a single tall rack unit, or a unit that would fit under a TV?
    Iv'e looked around personally for AV racks, but couldn't find one I liked. So I ended up in building my own.

There are some new ones available that have a floating shelf design.
    Tall single rack unit would fit the bill perfectly. That richersounds one is pretty good. Ebay have a few decent models as well. But I will keep searching for the right one.

Advertisement