Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free faulty laptops

Options
  • 15-07-2006 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I have the following after dwayneburke generously free of charge gave me some old laptops earlier this morning: Note they are all faulty but some of them are fixable, or good for parts.

Toshbia Satelite 6000 P3: With 64mb Ram and 6gig HD, was actually working earlier, but now it will not turn on or even acknowledge mains power.

Toshiba 9000 P3: No Ram/Hd: I/O fault. Motherboard is good according to report on machine...

Toshiba 9000 P3: No Ram/Hd : motherboard seems to be dead, not sure.

Toshiba 9100 Pentium 4: No ram/hd : As above.

Toshiba 8100 P3: No ram/hd: works but needs keyboard

Toshiba 8200 P3: no ram/hd: Liquid damage.

Can give power supplies....

Unfortunatley I don't have transport but anyone is welcome to collect these in Oranmore village, or I can bring one or two to work with me mon-Fri in town.

PS - I am always on the lookout for old computer parts for my summer projects, so if anyone has any old processors, motherboards, cases, video cards, whatever, in the galway area do let me know :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Toshiba 8100 P3: No ram/hd: works but needs keyboard

and if not being too greedy the 6000 aswell

I can take them off your hands Havok. can meet you in town anytime at all

i have a ton of old stuff you can have.

will put a list together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

No problem, but when I say it needs new keyboard, it not just external one - it needs the entire face, with the power button and all...:o

ps - I can give you a hard drive with it, have plenty of spares here, again, after dwaynes generosity...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

HavoK wrote:
    No problem, but when I say it needs new keyboard, it not just external one - it needs the entire face, with the power button and all...:o

ps - I can give you a hard drive with it, have plenty of spares here, again, after dwaynes generosity...:)

i'm sure i can do something with it.

whichever you think is the best out of them i'll take. ;) if thats ok

i have a motherboard +amd500 processor + sdram + psu you can have. was working when i cannibalised it.

I managed to get it working, so I'll leave a 6gig hard drive and 64mb ram in it.

I took the keyboard from another model, slightly different, so it doesn't fit exactly right but it does the job. The only problem - laptop doesn't have a cd drive and there is no OS on the hard drive....so a Win95 floppy installation or network installion would be needed! Is that ok? If so I will bring it to work with me on Monday...

Just checked it there - that particular laptop won't recognise any hard drives at all...so its prob not much good to you unless you want the motherboard or cpu...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Gonz0

Hey there,ive been looking for a laptop for ages but don"t have the money unfortunately.If you could spare one of those machines i"m sure I could get it up and running again.Give me a shout if you"ve any left ... thx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

id be interested in the Toshiba 9100 Pentium 4 if you could post and had the power supply i could post you down some parts in return just let me know what you need and ill see what i have that suitable ive got loads of stuff built up here in boxes
    Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

i have some [strike]crap[/strike] computer equipment.
    psu's, graphics cards
    i'll make a right list tomorrow
    i'm in galway so meeting isn't a problem
    cheers

rkm, that would be great.

Sorry gonzo and pete, the P4 is already gone, jabberwock is collecting one today and the rest were binned....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Christmas comes very early this year :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

i have
    a 350w psu
    a radeon 7000
    a nvidia fx5200
    a tv tuner card

and some other stuff im forgetting
    any of that stuff any use to you?

Yeah, majorly!

Can you PM me with details?

Thanks!

I'm moving house and have an old desktop PC that I'm looking to get rid of. It's a 233MHZ and used to work fine but after moving it around with me (I never use it) I have finally tired of it.

I tried to fire it up yesterday but it won't start properly. Prob just loose cables or something but I can't be arsed with it. Think I may have a keyboard and some other stuff too. No monitor.

You'll need to reformat the drives on it.
    Pickup in CC, Living Room

Hi biko,

Thanks a million but I don't really need desktops anymore, however, if you by ANY chance have a PCI graphics card....been looking for one for literally months now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

hey Biko i'll take it off ya i'm lookin at buildin a server machine

danniemcq wrote:
    hey Biko i'll take it off ya i'm lookin at buildin a server machine
    Cool, when can you pick it up? I live behind Living Room.
    Think we'll go to PM on this.

I have a few leftovers from my projects if you need anything dannie as well for your server, some 8mb agp cards, pc100 ram, that sort of stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

cheers lads yeah biko sound i'll pm you my number now but it'll be tomorrow that i get a chance to grab it if that suits you i can meet you at any time

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mike o

i would take one if there are any left

All long gone mike o I'm afraid, sorry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement